Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
    I agreed to cover a shift for a co-worker this coming Saturday. He calls me back and says he originally needed off for his wife's birthday party, but now the family members who were coming are sick so the party is postponed, and he can't afford to give up the shift otherwise, so thanks but I'm not needed!

But...I wanted to work. I was looking forward to working.
    You can pretend to be me and come work my shift. Sure, we work for different companies and I am 6 inches taller than you... I've told you enough stories, I'm SURE no one will notice. I am positive you can handle it!

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
      You, too? That's how my whole thing started, but it was 9:30 am on Valentine's. If it felt like a knife, you should see your doc. That might be an indication of disk problems.
      I'm not used to waking up in the middle of the night...okay, an hour after I fall asleep...for something like that.

I'm not stranger to back pain, but holy biscuit, that was beyond words.

I think it's because I was working a lot, and sleeping funny because the boy cat is a bed hog.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Its 6pm Friday. I finished. So My users? Sod the lot of em.

I'm off to play violent video games, wear my new "V" mask, and listen to vinyl on my new turntable. Yes. I'm 25, and I know what a record is, and how to use one.

I also enjoy the Goonshows, Monty Python, 3 Stooges and Laurel and Hardy. Most of my generation just go 'huh?'

I'm weird.

AND iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LOVE IT!
        "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
        Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Squeaks: Honey is very moisturizing. I used to keep all kinds of food in the shower for my hair: honey, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice. My roomie asked, "Are you making a salad??"
          My Dad calls my section of the bathroom shelves the snack bar. I have jars that have my current mixture, brown sugar/ olive oil mix for my skin and hair scrub (it feels so freakin good on my scalp, holy cow I love it.) Baking soda, vinegar. I heard pureed carrots in your conditioner does good things too, and can give your hair a red highlight, I might end up doing that sometime too.

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post

I'm weird.

AND iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii LOVE IT!
          Yes you are.

But I am too.
          I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• Just going to call it now.

Our car's been smelling like a hose burning for the past couple of weeks, and I've told my husband that daily now, to the point he's upset I mentioned it. I also noticed smoke, which he told me is normal.

Today, just idling, we ended up sitting in a giant cloud of acrid-smelling smoke. He said he'll think about checking it.

Yep, just calling it ahead of time.
            By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

• You can pretend to be me and come work my shift. Sure, we work for different companies and I am 6 inches taller than you... I've told you enough stories, I'm SURE no one will notice. I am positive you can handle it!
              I'll dye my hair a cool shade and get some stylish clothes, and no one will know the difference! I will pretend to know about shoes that don't have Hello Kitty and Wonder Woman on them.
              https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• So next week at work they're moving us all around, consolidating the cubicle arrangements, shoving people in next to each other whereas right now with a number of empty desks, we each have space around us...I really don't want to, I like where I sit now! I'm near the ladies room and right by the exit!

Annnnd, they wanna do this the same week we'll be working our butts off to finish a big promotion that turned out to be way bigger than anybody thought it would be. Great timing...not.
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I probably shouldn't lick the frosting-coated beaters, I'm sure its setting a bad example or something.
                  Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• I just saw Hunger Games with my roomie. It was a decent adaptation. Not great but far from horrible. They got the jist of it. Now I need to reread it.
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Faire is on it's way, I'm starting the season right, I love this song so much!
                      In over a month I'll be back wandering the fair grounds in the morning, I will hear tired familiar voices saying hello, the clang of steel against steel coming from fight call, horses shuffling at the barn as they wait for their knights to get ready. I will hear bagpipes, strings, and drums play songs that never get old, while watching friends dance, sing and act. I will spend the day wearing pretty clothes that I never thought I would wear, and I will savor every moment. I will be hugged and welcomed by loving friends who I've only known for a year but treat me like beloved family, I will be back where I belong and I can't wait. I can't even begin to tell you how it makes me feel, but I can say I am nearly in tears, and can't stop smiling.
                      I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• Trying to decide how I feel about Pepsi Next. All I know is that I don't hate it.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• I had tea for the first time this morning. Lemon tea with honey. (not a big tea fan but I can't consume caffeine anymore so I wanted to try non caffeinated teas; like lemon, mint, and chamomile)!

ETA: Roomie and I are getting our ears pierced before my shift today.

@Squeaks: I'm so excited for you and really jealous
                          Last edited by dragon_wings; 03-24-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

• I probably shouldn't lick the frosting-coated beaters, I'm sure its setting a bad example or something.
                            Don't do it! Not beause it's a bad example, but because if your kids see you do it they will realize it must be good and you will lose spoon-licking rights for the next 18 years. Do it in secret!

Trust me, I learned the hard way.
                            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I got 2 more holes added to each ear today. By the 4th one I was like 'yeah, I'm good on ear piercings for a while.' Ouch. But they look awesome. I can't wait to add a dangly pair in the holes I got when I was a baby. May add a pic tomorrow

Comment

• As my hubby put on twitter:

"Trying a new drink on a whim. Cabonated Ramune Drink. I found this on the label "Do NOT SWALLOW THE PLUNGER" Has this become a problem?"

And it is really a strange drink. But I like it
                                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

Working...
                                X