No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Queen has the best style, I love her clothes! Wanted to go see her when she was over here, but my whole family was sick.

@Mytical: I usually find it amusing, but I'll take it as a compliment.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth Lady Legira View Post
      Today I pretty much accidently saw the Queen while waiting at the station to meet my boyfriend. She had a nice hat on.
      You can't be that far from me, then. I think she was in York today?

Rapscallion

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        So here's a bit of news I can't keep to myself: the scientific journal Nature (like, THE place to publish a scientific paper) has a section for one piece of SF flash fiction per issue.

My husband just got an SF story accepted for this section. ^_^
        Yay! Good for him!
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          You can't be that far from me, then. I think she was in York today?

Rapscallion
          Yep, I'm a Yorkie born and bred. Boyfriend was coming up from near Cambridge (he's a soft southerner ). Happened to be in the Costa on the station (old signal box) when she came through got a pretty good view lol
          As soon as I start thinking
          That I'm sensible and sane
          The Random Hedgehog comes along
          And fiddles with my Brain
          (from card I got)

Comment

• And here it is the Thursday before Easter.

I've made my plans for Easter (over a week ago actually).

I only just now got a text from my mom where she's trying to throw an easter together. Of course when she finally decides on something, it will be in the middle of my church service, because she hates my church. And if we go it will be a huge christmas-like-gift-fest for my younger cousins.

I don't know why this surprises me anymore. Also - totally not going.
            https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Yay I don't know why I didn't think of this before but I found a yummy snack and a great way to transport it to faire......Cupcake...in a jar. Oh yea, genius, cause then it won't get smashed and I won't be tempted to the faire food which is way out of my budget and five weekends of buying food is crazy.

So added to the list of my picnic lunches for faire, fresh baked bread for sandwiches, cupcake in a jar, and I'm thinking possibly using other jars for cut up veggie or fruit. Cause even if no one sees my lunch having a super cute lunch makes it even better!

Now I just need to figure out five weekends of noms.....feel free to throw ideas out, I've had hard enough time thinking up ideas as it is.
              I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• "Tsunami Ghost Ship Sunk by Cannon Fire" has to be one of the most badass newspaper headlines of the year so far. I mean, it's just full of epic words and phrases like "tsunami", "ghost ship", and "cannon fire".
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

• My oldest is 40 today.

... she won't fit in her straw house any more ...
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• So, we found out my cousin, is engaged. The only reason my grandfather knew is he got the save the date card, so confused, my Mom asked her brother and got an oh yea, she is. So we aren't invited it seems, not that I care, I don't want to drive forever and be at a wedding for someone I'm not even close to.

Funny thing is, Mom is close to her older brother (the bride's father) so you'd think she might hear something sooner. What kills me and makes me mad is my grandfather worshiped this girl her entire life dropped anything for her and wasted over half of his retirement hauling her butt around to all her activities and she can't even call him.

My Mom spent half of my life giving me grief that I wasn't best buddies with this girl and her brother (like she is with her siblings and other family members), when the entire time they never even bothered with me, they were the golden children of the family so looked their noses down on the rest of us. In the end, Mom finds out with a meh that her only niece is getting married, and that she isn't invited. It's not looking like it will be a small wedding either the mother of the bride's family is holding at their large beach house and the entirety of that family will be there, along with my grandfather....I think it just hit Mom how things are, only took 30 years.
                    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

• Sorry about the family issues, Squeaks. But yeah, maybe now your mom has a clue.

Speaking of families, I had a great week with my brother, his wife and my 15- and 13-year-old nieces visiting...they flew back home today. Unfortunately my spouse got annoyed with me this morning for not bending to his will so I've been sad and anxious all day. Maybe work isn't so bad after all, at least I feel some respect there.
                      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• I am horrifyingly close to breaking my rule about no drinking when I have to work the next day.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Sorry to hear that, Squeaks. People should treat their family better. My mom's family was like that. I have cousins I wouldn't know if I tripped over them...in fact, I don't even know their first names.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Thanks guys, I think I'm most pissed off because my grandfather was hurt she didn't tell him herself, that is rude and hurtful. I don't care if I go to her wedding or not, I saw her at ever holiday our entire lives and she could never be bothered to be friends with me, so what do I care. The nice part is I am now good friends with a cousin I never met or spoke to before last year and his wife and daughter, all three of them have treated me like we've known each other all our lives and we hang out and I have his daughter's wedding to look forward too, it's great, they even told me I was first on the guest list. So they make up for the fact this rude cousin and her brother suck as family.

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
                              I am horrifyingly close to breaking my rule about no drinking when I have to work the next day.
                              I'm sorry.
                              I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

• Apparently it's bad form to call hub's reading glasses his "brainy specs".

But on the plus side, I finally got hubs to watch Dr. Who.
                                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Working...
                                X