This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My step father-in-law is having triple bypass surgery

My husband's mother's husband had a heart attack early Friday morning. They rushed him to the hospital and stabilized him and early Saturday morning they did a heart cath. I didn't catch all the details of what they found, but it sounds pretty bad. Bad enough for triple bypass surgery.

My MIL said the surgery has a 90% success rate, which is good, I guess. The odds could certainly be worse, I'm sure. I've only met my step FIL once to date, but he's a really nice guy, and he's also pretty young for having this serious of a problem (he's in his late 40s.) So, if you guys could, please send some good vibes his way Thursday when the surgery is scheduled.

I wish all the wellness I can.

Comment

Sending good thoughts to your whole family.

Comment

Good luck to him!
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

good luck to him and your family
          If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

i'm on fb and xbox live; pm me if ya wanna be "friends"
          ^_^

Comment

Thanks everyone -- the well wishes are very much appreciated. I didn't actually talk to my MIL today. She has been exhausted all weekend. They live in a little podunk town in northern Texas, and they rushed SFIL to the nearest bigger city after the heart attack, which is an hour and a half away from where they actually live. Also, my SIL, who lives in a little apartment/wing off the main part of my MIL's house, was out of town and apparently the seal around the toilet in her bathroom gave out while she was gone, so my MIL was attempting to fix that at the time that SFIL had the heart attack. So, MIL basically spent all day Friday, Saturday, and today at the hospital in the city an hour and a half away, then came home and was working on SIL's bathroom all night. So she was really exhausted when she called my husband. They only talked about ten minutes and I think she was going to try and get some sleep so she can go to work tomorrow.

I'll update again over the course of the week as we learn more.

Comment

Sending well wishes and get well soon thoughts.

Comment

Best Wishes Maggie!

Don't worry too much about the surgery - my bio-mom had a triple bypass at the beginning of August, and 6 weeks later, we were at a John Fogarty concert. Unless there are severe complications, it's gotten to (thankfully) a pretty common proceedure.

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

SFIL had surgery today; quadruple bypass rather than triple bypass. Apparently he is doing well, under the circumstances. He is in ICU and will remain there for a few days but he came through the surgery well, is off the respirator, and the prognosis is good!

Comment

Yay! Glad to hear it!
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                    X