This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Poor Niece

Was sort of rollerskating in the park (what do you call it with those shoes with the little wheel things on?) She fell on the concrete and put both hands out to save herself.Yes.She's broken both wrists.Poor thing.

I can't imagine how she's going to do anything for the next few weeks.She's in plaster to both elbows. She's only eleven.

But I guess it'll be a talking point at school.
    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

My face went from visibly gritting my teeth to open mouth gasping. Shes going to be absolutely miserable until she gets out of those casts.

Poor kid :\
    Thou shalt not take the name of thy goddess Whiskey in vain.

Comment

Ooo! Thats horrible. Im so sorry. I hope she weathers well and gets well soon.

Comment

Quoth Whiskey View Post
        My face went from visibly gritting my teeth to open mouth gasping. Shes going to be absolutely miserable until she gets out of those casts.

Poor kid :\

Actually Whiskey if there is anything amusing in the story its that my sister first of all didn't think she had really broken anything as she got up and said her arms hurt a lot then texted her friend on her phone!! How she did that with broken wrists I don't know. But yes I'm sure it'll be miserable.She's busy lapping up all the sympathy at the moment.

Comment

Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
          said her arms hurt a lot then texted her friend on her phone!! How she did that with broken wrists I don't know. .
          LMAO!!!

The perserverance of our young...

Comment

When my cousin's daughter was 10 she rode her friend's little motorized scooter (which she knew she wasn't allowed to do), and either lost control or hit a bump or something and went flying. Broke both arms and sprained an ankle (which they thought was also broken until they got the xrays back).

This right after they had moved to North Carolina and were still unpacking.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh and my sister very kindly said that my neice reminds her very much of me........................being as she is so clumsy and all................

Comment

We had guides playing with their wheelies, and I think that one of them had borrowed another one's shoes. (Her mom, for some strange reason, didn't want her to have wheelies). The girl broke her leg (the guider who actually had first-aid training thought it was probably just a bad sprain, but since treatment from our point of view is the same either way I kept my mouth shut when I disagreed with her assessment). It was the excuse to ban wheelies at meetings.

Comment

Ouch...poor kid. Broken bones are never fun.
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

She's busy lapping up all the sympathy at the moment.
                    I bet she is . I guess she will be able to use her phone at least, seeing that she could do that without any support.
                    Poor girl, she can't do homework the next month .

Comment

Quoth Magpie View Post
                      We had guides playing with their wheelies, and I think that one of them had borrowed another one's shoes. (Her mom, for some strange reason, didn't want her to have wheelies). The girl broke her leg .
                      I can remember being at guide camp when I was younger and one of my friends tripped and .........freak accident..........right onto a piece of metal sticking out of the ground which impaled her thigh. She had to have a tetnus injection and stitches.

But kids will be kids can't stop them playing.

Comment

Aww! Does she get to have her casts signed at least? The first time I broke my wrist I could get my cast signed, the second time they gave me a sports removable cast and nobody was allowed to sign it.

Hobbies must kind of suck when both wrists are broken.
                        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

Perhaps you or her parents should get her some wrist guards before the casts come off? Once ought to be enough for that kind of experience.

Comment

Quoth Mikkel View Post
                            Perhaps you or her parents should get her some wrist guards before the casts come off? Once ought to be enough for that kind of experience.
                            I didn't know about wrist guards although I know about knee guards I will suggest it.Thanks

Comment

But kids will be kids can't stop them playing.
                              It's girl guides... we have all sorts of rules to make sure that if they're playing it's in a safe location. I take it you never had the "no running outside of games" rule .

Comment

Working...
                              X