This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ren Faire Follies...

So i went to the REn Faire on Sunday (bronchitis be damned, though I shouldve been sleeping).

We were set to leave @ 12pm. One friend never shows, other cousin and her bf are late. We end up getting there @ 1pm, which still isnt bad.

I felt bad for my one work friend that showed up b/c he was with 2 couples since the other girl didnt show up. Also, he was under the impression that it would be a big drink a thon b/c it was Oktoberfest weekend. It wasnt. And i wasnt in the mood to get trashed (it would probably interfere with my meds anyways), so he was kinda moping around a little.

Also, my husband was acting like an asshole for the first 1/2 hr we were there so I finally cussed him out and walked away from him and the rest of them and went off by myself. He caught up later and apologized, but im already feeling like shit b/c im sick..I dont need someone acting like an ass and ruining my day too.

My cuz and I meet up with an Old friend we grew up with. Ill call her J. J is a nut, shes eccentric but funny and we were just hanging out, checking out the shops and stuff. Later, shes trying to imitate this ladies boobs (another story..lol) by pulling down her shirt and stuff and out pops a green stone, from her bra.

Now, show of hands. Who keeps a stone in their bra? Anyone? ANyone? Yeah..so the initial reaction was laughter b/c that was bizarre but then everyone got uneasy b/c we realized she was most likely stealing. We had just left a stone shop...which, yeah was a little pricey, but stealing is never cool. She tried to explain it away by saying it was her birthstone (which was a lie, her birthstone is Ruby, I just checked).

After that it was ok. Ren Faire was great as usual. I love it there. When J left, we took a poll and we all felt she stole the stone. I was getting progressively tired and out of breath.

I think Ill go back in 3 weeks when I can enjoy it and not be half dead.
Working...
X