Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I was fired, I was devastated. The future looked very bleak. Now that my unemployment has finally been allowed (despite my employer trying to fight it), and I look back on it..it may have been the best day of my life. The job was toxic, and slowly eating away at me. Sure money is super tight, and I have a limited time to fix things or end on the street (if not for being very frugal I would have already been there and taken my family down with me)...and I still feel I am letting my family down..but I think that Lewislegion (spelling?) Might have the right idea. A cs commune. It would not be glamerous, would be hard work, but we could at least tell sucky customers where the nearest exit could be located.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *hugs* for Mytical.

Almost 10 months ago, I though my world falling apart, which led to me losing my ex and our lives together, was the lowest point I'd ever been at. Nothing could console me, I couldn't accept the thought that I could ever be happy without her.

It's really become the greatest thing that's ever happened to me. Well, I take that back, I don't want to give her credit for that. Her leaving led me to find my true path in my life, I found myself and I'm happier than I've ever been. All that's missing in my life is my children, but I know I'll see them again soon.
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

• *hugs for Kara*

Gah, ever since I went to that blasted interview where they wanted $350 for a job..other 'businesses' won't stop calling. Look, I need a job..not a scam. I'm not going to pay you for the 'privilege' of working for you. Need to hide out here in hopes they can not find me.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I'm gonna go hide in the corner here and listen to my "Monty Python Sings!" tape. Nothing like a rousing rendition of "Every Sperm is Sacred" to put you in a better mood after putting up with idiot customers, clueless managers and drama-queen co-workers all day....
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• Quoth MoonCat View Post
            I'm gonna go hide in the corner here and listen to my "Monty Python Sings!" tape. Nothing like a rousing rendition of "Every Sperm is Sacred" to put you in a better mood after putting up with idiot customers, clueless managers and drama-queen co-workers all day....
            Excellent suggestion...I need to add that to my collection of happy place items!

*huggles and snacky goodies to all* I made it through the day. Miss my baby terribly but I always will. An electric candle is lit in the upstairs window. Maybe later I'll go outside and take a picture to share.
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Piggies are all lined up ready to run in with hugs for everyone that needs them..

The dark on in the middle has decided to starve herself again & is so thin at the moment

I'll be over there listening to the Monty Python songs...

I spent last weekend with a person I "like" very much, now I have no idea when I will see them again.
              My blood tests came back with an irregularity that hasn't been seen since I stopped eating gluten and I'm just so tired & energyless all the time.
              Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• Argh!

I got a new computer and my online learning site that the school uses isn't compatable with it. And I don't want to have an awesome computer and fail my classes, so I hooked back up the old computer so I can do the massive amount of homework I have over the "holiday" weekend.

Yay go me.

Also dishes are piling up again and I forsee another screaming match with the hubby.

Also we're without a dishwasher for another week because despite double-checking and making sure to give the installer the correct phone number, he still called the old disconnected one.

All this homework and difficult stuff makes me just want to drop out. I feel like I'm such a failure.
                Last edited by Kanalah; 09-02-2011, 03:48 PM.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kanalah, you are not a failure. *hugs*
                  Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Kanalah, you are awesome.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I just don't get it sometimes.

I bust my butt off to take care of everything and everyone and what does it get me?

I'm an outcast from my family, my husband sees me as a housekeeper and not a partner, my kids scream and cry all day, and I have no IRL friends. Oh yeah and "customers" keep politely telling me that my prices are too high.

I'm just feeling really lost and confused right now.
                      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kanalah, I think you're amazing. Your prices are fair, the quilts you make are wonderful, and there are many people, myself included, that admire you for your strength and wonderfulness.
                        Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                        http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• Kanalah, you're worth lots and very very lov-ed.

*hugs you tons*
                          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                          -----
                          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• We (heart) you Kanalah! Sorry you're going through a rough patch.
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• OMG. Mr. Rum is being an asshat of great proportions.

If he wasn't training for a 15K (he needs a lot of training. Just started running after losing 210 pounds), I'd banish running from his exercise regime.

He knows I have a sensitive nose/weak stomach. When he comes home from either running or biking, he REEKS of sweat. So what did he do this morning? Rather than go directly upstairs and take a shower. He decided to sit at the laptop and play around online until Child Rum and I decided to wake up and go downstairs.

When I caught a whiff of him, I dried heaved for at least a minute, maybe a minute and a half. It was the most disgusting smell I could ever think of to smell this early in the morning.

He didn't understand why I'm dry heaving and thought I was making it up. But every time he comes home sweating like the sweatiest of creatures known to man, I have the exact same reaction.

Comment

• My dad is in the hospital. They thought his appendix was going to need to be removed, they found out he has Diverticulitis. Now I know where I got that from. And just like me, he had no idea that was the problem until they saw it on the CT Scan and told him. Unlike my adventure with it, his didn't rupture and almost kill him. They've got him on a liquid diet and antibiotics, he should be out of the hospital by Tuesday.
                                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                                X