Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arg! Now roomie's crying and mopey cause I didn't have the answer she wanted to 'Will anyone ever love me?' and the follow up 'When?'
    (for the record my answers were 'Yes!' and 'I don't know sweetie.')
    She insisted on drinking after being overly emotional and hormonal all day. And she wonders why I wanted to go to bed early but not to go to sleep.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• *huge hugs* That sucks, I've been on both sides of that and they're equally as bad. Would have been a bit easier for me because I'm lucky enough to be cisgendered, but it's still hard. Does Roomie read Dan Savage's column? If not, it might be a good idea. He has lots of good advice for just about everyone (as long as you're not easily offended by theological differences ).
      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth CalyCoRose View Post
        Pixilated - My mom and I were talking about this on Tuesday. We think it has something to do with Clyde. We had no internet from Sunday to Friday. However, her discombobulation actually happened before we even left home. Clyde came home, and she turned into another little girl completely! She wouldn't say hello to him, wouldn't look at him, anything. *sigh* I've been having to take her DS, the iPad, and the iPhones away from her and put them into "time out" every night. It's getting annoying. Clyde isn't going to be at home Friday evening/Saturday morning as he's doing a 60 mile bike ride down in Madison County in our state Saturday morning, and he has to be there by 7:30/8:00 as the race starts at 8:30 Saturday morning. And his parents live in that county. I'll see how Clementine acts when it's just her & me.
        CalyCo, hope things have gotten better. Is she just PO'd because when he's there, your attention is divided?

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Been there, done that, got ostracized from my gaming group because my ex refused to be an adult and take care of himself and the only way I found to get him to do it (as opposed to me doing it all for him) was to nag him into it. Nothing short of riding his ass worked. >_<

*hugs*

^-.-^
        I had an ex-SO like that. Eventually realized I was doing a lovely job of re-patterning my parents' marriage. Luckily I had a health crisis that caused me to re-evaluate my life and part of that re-evaluation resulted in a return to school (when in doubt, return to school, LOL) -- and a breakup. He later invited me to his wedding. .

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
        Arg! Now roomie's crying and mopey cause I didn't have the answer she wanted to 'Will anyone ever love me?' and the follow up 'When?'
        (for the record my answers were 'Yes!' and 'I don't know sweetie.')
        She insisted on drinking after being overly emotional and hormonal all day. And she wonders why I wanted to go to bed early but not to go to sleep.
        Oh dear. It almost sounds like she just needs to cry herself out. I know what it's like to want answers to questions that nobody can answer, but that's the point -- nobody can answer them. But if you're too agitated to think straight ...

I finally got an organization to set a date to come pick up my large pieces of furniture. I'd never have thought it was as difficult as that to give stuff away for free! They are coming next Wednesday so I have some work to do this weekend.

Ran into the superintendent in the elevator the other day. He asked if he'd given me "Mike's" (the owner) letter. I said, truthfully, no. He said oh well, it's just stuff you have to do before you move, like booking the elevator and all that. I was out for a few hours and expected to find the letter taped to my door or stuck under the door. Nothing. It will be interesting to see what transpires during their final "inspection" if I haven't yet received the letter and thus have failed to do something that the letter says I should've done ...
        This is the same superintendent who failed to give me a notice of a rental increase in a timely fashion. I only found out about it when he called to tell me my cheque was for the wrong amount.

Comment

• I yelled at my roomie yesterday for like the first time ever, even when were dating I didn't. She was afraid I was gonna beat her up. Relieved a lot of stress I had with her. But damn.

Comment

• Argh! I have to pay rent with my check, which is basically half of it. Then gotta get gas and groceries. And then only have like 60 bucks to spend. In which my cell phone needs to be paid (which is 60 bucks). I'll have to tell my mom it really has to wait till next week.

Comment

• We've adopted a dog. I've posted about it in a separate thread. However, now I'm getting anxious, and nervous, and worried that my cats will try to run away, or get hurt. Or something like that. We were all on the same page. If we found a dog we liked, we'd get it. So it's not like we weren't going to get a dog. But still ... I worry. That's all I do. We get him tomorrow. And ... I have to leave him in the house while I take Clementine to her Occupational Therapist's office!
              And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

• possibly crate him? Or make a nice doggy den in a room that closes? Hopefully with a tile or linoleum floor?
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• I don't want to move back home

I want to be able to walk around naked. I can't find anywhere that sells robes that aren't heavy duty winter type ones, of which I already have two. I need a light spring type robe so I can go back upstairs after I shower to get dressed and whatnot.

God I'm gonna miss having my very own bathroom that's ALWAYS clean enough to eat on the floor.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• (((HUGS))) to all that need them...

What should have been a nice walk on the beach Sunday morning turned into a huge fiasco. It was a spur of the moment trip (typical of my husband, but I'm not going to blame him for this one), so I didn't bring along anything that might have helped with what was to come. We hadn 't been walking for 5 minutes when a wave took off my flip flop. Cheap ass shoes, and I should have let it go though I didn't have a spare pair. I thought I'd be able to catch it next time the waves brought it in, but they didn't bring it in quite far enough. Hubs told me to let it go, but what did i do instead? Try to grab it...and my whole fully clothed self, complete with 3-month-old smartphone in pocket (and not secured in a Ziploc bag), fell right into the water. Another wave came up and drenched me. I lost my prescription sunglasses, and the phone seems to be toast, though Hubs has done everything possible so far to dry it out...it may take a few days and it might not help.

So I went to the phone store and they told me if I reactivated my old 1st-gen iPhone, I'd have to do it over iTunes and choose a new data/text plan...and there is no guarantee I'd get my old grandfathered-in unlimited text and data plan back if I did that. Guy said if I bought a $20 GoPhone I could then switch back if I get my old phone to work or buy a new one ($500 range w/o a new contract) and then probably get the unlimited plan. So I did...but ugggghhh.

The good news is I'm getting a new pair of sunglasses (for $200) - good thing that's one thing I decided to do before going down to the water, switching out my regular glasses for the sunglasses - and that I had already taken today off work so I could get some things done and try to calm down, because I spent all day yesterday beating myself up.

Oh, and totally unrelated but just as bad - a few days ago I noticed my gums on the upper right side of my mouth seemed to be swollen a bit, though they didn't hurt. I let it go at the time but as of yesterday/last night my bottom gums on the same size are swollen too and now it's starting to hurt. May have to make an emergency dentist trip.

I am just NOT in a good state of mind right now
                    "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• Big squishy boob hug all around.

Sorry I'm obsessed lately. I went to Vicky's the other night for pajama pants and got a free bra fitting (figured why not, I knew I was wearing the wrong size). And wow, have I been in denial.

I'm not a C cup. I'm a D cup. As in DAAAAMN those things are too fucking big.

Comment

• Hugs all around!

BTDT, wow, sounds like you had a real Jonah day! Hope things improve quickly!

CalyCo, Kanalah has some good suggestions -- crate or a special "doggy" room. Definitely without carpeting, if that's possible, LOL.

Quoth blas View Post
                        I don't want to move back home

I want to be able to walk around naked. I can't find anywhere that sells robes that aren't heavy duty winter type ones, of which I already have two. I need a light spring type robe so I can go back upstairs after I shower to get dressed and whatnot.

God I'm gonna miss having my very own bathroom that's ALWAYS clean enough to eat on the floor.
                        Blas, you have my sympathy! I definitely don't want to move back in with mom either. I'm trying to think of it as a temporary "do what you have to" move. We'll see if I'm still looking at it that way in six months or so. As for running around nekkid, mom has central air, so that'll be nice -- but the flip side of that is that once the house is closed up so the a/c can run, I'll also be dealing with her chainsmoking ... I foresee spending a lot of time in other rooms, or even outside, despite the heat and humidity of My Hometown. I have a couple of really loose jumper-type dresses that I can wear with t-shirts under them, and I even bought a cheesy old-lady-type cotton 'housedress' that I will wear inside the house. That's the best I can do at this point.

Today's not-so-good news: I went to get the results of my bloodwork ...

... and Type 2 diabetes is definitely looming on the horizon ...

Oh well. Everything else is fine. Guess I was over-optimistic to think I'd get off scot-free on everything.

Comment

• Oh, we have A/C at mom and dad's, and better ventilation than here.

But, the thing is, my parents barely allow it to be used. It costs money, ya know.

God, I hate people that get themselves into a good place financially, and yet continue to act like they are still so poor they can barely afford to turn on the lights. I know my family was dirt, dirt poor for many years, but come on.

Oh, but the A/C comes on when it's at least 90 degrees and Mom starts faking an asthma attack when she's mad at one of us.

Comment

• Pixilated and blas, sorry you have to move back home under less than ideal conditions. I love my parents but even if they really had room for me I wouldn't want to move back...also, Pixelated, sorry to hear about the pre-diabetes. *hugs* to both.
                            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

• It sucks but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to save up for bigger and better things.

I'm hoping to either use the time to go to school, or save up for a better apartment.

Comment

• Thank you, BTDT! I'll have to see if diet and exercise might not mitigate things ... I'm going to have fun with the 'diet' part, as mom is big on takeouts (despite her own full-blown diabetes!) and that's not how I want to eat for the next year or two!

OMG, blas, what a pain about the a/c! And your mom's fake asthma attacks ... she sounds like the polar opposite of mine, who flatly refuses to believe she has any health issues at all! You're right about the 'bigger and better things.' I'm hoping to grit my teeth through a year with mom and then find myself a nice little place for my second year in school ... after which I'll be looking at moving out West, where (hopefully) the job situation will still be soooo much better than it is here.

Comment

Working...
                                X