This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seconded!

Also, I really hate having a headcold. I need sleeps and cuddles and hot tea and even more sleeps.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• I've been sick for the past two days. I've been coughing up junk; my stomach hurts; I feel drained of energy; and (thanks to psoriatic arthritis), my right knee, head, and most other joints hurt. I'm taking Mucinex knock-off and arthritis pain pills, but the pain pills really aren't helping all that much.

I didn't sleep much the night before. I spend yesterday moving dusty books at work to get ready for the library's used book sale and dealing with an irratating co-worker. When I tried to unwind last night by organizing coupons (just the lamp on my nightstand on at 1:15 AM), my Mom decided to come in and yell at me to turn my light out and go to bed. She scared me really badly. I didn't get much sleep that night either.

I didn't go to work today. I tried to sleep, but only slept for about an hour. I put some chicken soup in the microwave for lunch earlier and completely forgot about it. I haven't had much appetite anyway save for some saltine crackers. I'm alternating water and orange juice.

I had fun plans for Saturday. I was going to take my cousin to the mall then to a comic-con at a library, and maybe a movie or something. I really wanted to get my photo taken with Darth Vader and Chewbacca. I hope the medicine works and I get over this cold by next weekend. There is a festival with Colonial-Civil War reenactment that I really want to go to.

Comment

• *brings in hot blackcurrant rum for Mishi, chicken noodle soup for AriGriffin, and soft fluffy blankets for both of you, tucking them around you* There....
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          You should still throw her out. Just sayin'.
          Oh I would and I so want to. But she's on the lease. Which means if I kick her out she can sue me which is not something I want to deal with. I'm already stressed enough. The landlady said I'd have to get her (roomie's) verbal and written consent to get her off the lease and roomie will not give them as she doesn't want to leave.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• My once-glorious iMac is overheating, and I can't fix it.

And, being an Aspie, I'm getting meltdowns about it.

THIS IS SO AWESOME I COULD SCREAM.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

• *sigh* just had to leave my own lounge since Hubby is watching a film which is a)a steaming pile of ____ and b) had crap volume control and won't turn it off. I'm not sitting there watch a steaming pile which tries to deafen me thanks!

Totally in a bad mood now.
              I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• Been trying to write up a post for 2 days now.

I'm still pissed off and crying.

Apparently I need to change my name to Dobby.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• *hugs Kanalah and offers cookies and milk*
                  Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                  Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• @Marmalady - You're a darling *hugs*

*hugs Kanalah and hands over the Aloe Vera Kleenex*
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                      @Marmalady - You're a darling *hugs*
                      Isn't she? *grins*
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Im just checking in here with chicken soup, kittens, chocolate, bacon and liquor for all. Alot pf people seem to be experiencing some bad times. Hope things start looking up for the lot of ya.

Comment

• *hugs* Kanalah. I wish I could say something to help.
                          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• I'll take some cuddles and chicken soup - apparently I am now coming down with Rob's cold. I have a scorchingly sore throat, on top of a pseudogout flare from hell. I really didn't need these on a holiday weekend
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• We have a bunch of extra chocolate stout cake I can share around. It's my cousin's birthday today, and the recipe wound up making a three layer cake, and a dozen cupcakes. There are only three of us eating it, so help yourselves.

I got word today that my class is a go, so that's a huge load off my mind.
                              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

• This has so far been an interesting week.

A couple weeks ago I was dinged for taxes and paperwork from yet another division of the New Mexico gov't nobody, including the CPA I hired, told me I had to pay, for work done last year. I went to meet with one of the gov't lackeys, we filled out paperwork, I wrote a fairly large check, and was done with it.

Until yesterday, when I discovered the whole mess had been sent back to me, including the check, as "incomplete".

Also in the mail was a notice of a letter sent to me by the county I live in. I expected the notice to say it was a registered or certified letter. Nope. It was postage due.

I went and paid for it this morning, and it was -- a jury notice.

For tomorrow.

9AM, and the county seat is a hundred mile drive from here.

And so, I drove back home.

To discover that another worker from this same county had mistaken my place for someone elses, and made a delivery... A thousand pound hydraulic cylinder, meant for lifting dump truck beds.

With no one confirming he was in the right place, he'd slid it out of his pickup, and dropped it on the yard in front of my workshop, and with no way of picking it back up.

After fifty repetitions of his excuse, we called the guy he was supposed to deliver it to; he showed up with his van, and the three of us muscled the damn thing up into it.

And now, I'm exhausted, and despite having other things I need to do today, I'd really like to call today a failure and crawl back into bed and pull the covers over my head.

So yes, your blanket fort would be really nice right now. Mind if I crawl in?

Comment

Working...
                                X