This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for your loss Zel.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Just popping in to thank y'all for the condolencies. It's very heart-warming.

Grandma's memorial service will be in two parts: one on Sunday at the hospital's chapel, and one on Monday at her Baptist church.

I'm in a bit of a puzzle right now since one of my cousins asked me to chip in to a wreath, but on the other hand Grandma's obituary asks people to donate to the church instead... I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss Zel. *hugs*.

This doesn't really fit anywhere else so I'll put it here: I ended up getting a guy chucked out of a gig a few days ago as not only was he letching over and hitting on me (even after hubby very much made it clear who he was and I'd told the guy to back off) but by the time the headline band came on he was falling backwards everytime he clapped or moved. Didn't want to, just wanted to let the bar staff to know to cut him off if they hadn't already and watch him a bit - didn't want them getting into trouble if something bad happened. I do feel slightly guilty that he didn't get to see the whole of the main bands set though.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• *sigh* Roommate was fired today. She said her manager told her it was due to customer(s?) complaint(s). And to try to find a job that wasn't customer facing.
          We should be ok for one-three weeks (her final 2 checks include a huge one from a nearly 40 hour work week) and we have $200 stashed away in an emergency fund. Her pay paid for food and all the fun stuff as my checks will pay for all the other bills.
          My parents ordered a scooter for her. They should get it on Tuesday. So that means I won't have to take her to work any more. But it also means it would be beneficial if she got a job close to our apartment.
          Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
          Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• *hugs dragon_wings* I hope that roomie finds a new job that suits her really soon.
            Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• One of my Boyfriends Guild Mates on WoW is in ICU and not expected to last the week I've run with her a few times until she got too ill to play. I know she has children - say prayer or something for her I know her as Zep.
              As soon as I start thinking
              That I'm sensible and sane
              The Random Hedgehog comes along
              And fiddles with my Brain
              (from card I got)

Comment

• Just a short update re: Grandma's memorial service:

I and my cousin agreed on chipping in for a wreath, it turns out that Grandma also had ordered a wreath in advance when she realized she was going downhill. So there were two wreaths, and then some flowers from the folks who didn't read the obituary.

My Mom says that she was very surprised about how many people attended the two services - both the hospital chapel and the church were PACKED, despite the Church memorial being in the middle of a working day (Monday).

I managed to write down a couple of lines that my cousin could add to her eulogy, and according to my Mom, it was well recepted.

So what now is left to do is my Mom clearing the rest of Grandma's home, settling the inheritance and get home this Thursday. I'll try and see whether I can manage fetching her at the airport, but if it's not possible we've arranged to meet early November when she's in town on other errands.
                A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

• As much as I know people get tired of hearing about it, I will be in this corner trying not to scream in pain. Blasted feet/legs.
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *hug Myt* when will you get a frakking break?!?

My head feel like it's gonna explode from this migraine. And on top of that my back hurts. Which means I can't curl up to sleep, I have to lay on my back. *sigh* And as hungry as I am my body has decided I don't want food. Blarg.
                    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                      *hug Myt* when will you get a frakking break?!?

My head feel like it's gonna explode from this migraine. And on top of that my back hurts. Which means I can't curl up to sleep, I have to lay on my back. *sigh* And as hungry as I am my body has decided I don't want food. Blarg.
                      I have to sleep on my side, I am unable to sleep on my back

I find that I need to make a nest of pillows to support all the little bits so they are not stressed out. Perhaps that would help you?

If I suddenly won lots of money, I would see if I could get a custom bed made that had the proper form molded in like one of the custom foam cradles you ship expensive artwork in. That would save me lots of time arranging pillows and blankets!
                      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• *hugs* all

*leaves Bacon Cookies*
                        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• AccountingDrone, have you checked into perhaps getting yourself a body pillow of some sort?

They seem to be mostly aimed at pregnant women, but I imagine that they're useful for anyone who needs more support than a bed provides (which is most people, to be honest).

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

• Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            AccountingDrone, have you checked into perhaps getting yourself a body pillow of some sort?

They seem to be mostly aimed at pregnant women, but I imagine that they're useful for anyone who needs more support than a bed provides (which is most people, to be honest).

^-.-^
                            They are too long, and I find using specific pillows at specific points I can customize my position with whatever is hurting at any given time =) I gave the one I had to our roomie, she loves it.
                            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              AccountingDrone, have you checked into perhaps getting yourself a body pillow of some sort?

^-.-^
                              I have one; it's great for my back, as I start out on my left side to avoid heartburn. It supports from behind me.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Those dang voices are back tonight. Telling me I am not good enough..that I am too weak. *sighs* It sometimes is so hard to ignore them.

Comment

Working...
                                X