Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I come hide under the covers too? I just had two deaths in the family within less than a week of each other, (great aunt and great uncle) and then my maternal grandmother fell and fractured her hip today. She sounded pretty upbeat when I talked to her on the phone though so that's something at least.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• I have a month left to uber-important event I do the decs for and I'm now starting to feel really crappy. Been wiped out the last two days with migrane. Still did some stuff in the garage but don't feel up to doing the inside stuff and I'm consoling myself that I *DO* have enough time to get it all done really...

I've been working on this at least an hour or so a day (and 7-9hrs a day for days I'm not at work) since early December. Didn't even take a Christmas break as I was sitting here watching a film whilst working.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• *shares dulce de leche*
        Soooo sleepy! Doing too much lately, this pregnancy is kicking my butt, and I intend to spend most of tomorrow resting on the couch. For now though, I'm just going to curl up and take a nap in the comfy corner.
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• *comes in and tucks a blanket over Mishi*

Going to sit here with my leg on a cushion - the ladder slipped as I was getting the Christmas decs out of the attic, and I took a load of skin off my shin.. and three weeks later it's still hurting (not the skin damage, but whatever I did inside it) And my stomach isn't happy today, either....
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• *comes in and joins Marmalady* My heart is breaking, and it is my own dang fault. I am too soft, too easy of a 'touch' as the say. My niece is a drug addict, living with another drug addict. I've been helping her out, but I just don't know if I can any more. Which I hate..because she has kids..and I don't want the kids to suffer for their mothers choices. I know I have a large heart, and it is too easily broken. Right now .. it is shattered.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Sakka View Post
              Can I be done with people now?

Had a few very close friends while growing up, who after high school moved to the coast for better schooling/jobs. I stayed here as I had no idea what I wanted to do (still don't). Every christmas or so, they come back to visit family, etc.

Each year, I send an email wishing them a merry christmas and that I'd like to hang out with them for a bit.
              Well, another year, another bunch of photos/comments of them in the local area with the same people they hang out with at the coast (also from here), and not so much as a phone call or email.
              Sakka, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you could start thinking about cutting off your end of the contact ... Are you in contact with any of those people they hang out with? Any way you could slide into a discussion about getting together next Christmas? If nothing else, you might get some answers ...
              I tried for a couple of years to stay in touch with my younger sister. It became increasingly obviously she wasn't interested, so I've stopped trying and stopped worrying about it. Don't know what her issue is, but it's her problem and not mine.

Quoth Teysa View Post
              Can I come hide under the covers too? I just had two deaths in the family within less than a week of each other, (great aunt and great uncle) and then my maternal grandmother fell and fractured her hip today. She sounded pretty upbeat when I talked to her on the phone though so that's something at least.
              Teysa, that is just awful. Glad to hear your grandmother is upbeat, though. Hope she is doing well.

Comment

• Thanks, Pixilated. My grandmother got through surgery without any problems and is now at a rehab center where she'll stay for the next four months. I know none of this has been easy on her. She barely had time to process the loss of her sister-in-law and then she lost her brother such a short time later. She's a strong woman though, so I know she'll make it.
                Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• *hugs* everybody. I'll be in the corner with all the expensive alcohol trying to work out how to turn my nasty person attraction device off.
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• I wish I wasn't worthless.
                    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• *cuddles Kanalah* You aren't! You are wonderful, intelligent and beautifully creative.
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• *cuddles Kanalah* you are awesome!

Who in their right mind messages someone and starts to talk shit about the person's significant other. My girlfriend's ex messaged me and started ranting about how my love was irresponsible and had changed and was becoming mean and it was my fault oh but I had to help her learn do this, this, and this. I turned right around the texted my girlfriend and told her what her ex was saying cause I was *pissed*. Her ex was saying she was my girlfriend's best friend and cared about her still and loved her like family. Then don't fucking bitch about her to me. That's not fucking cool. The only reason I didn't tell my girlfriend's ex off is cause the ex is pregnant and due any day. Plus I didn't wanna cause my love any unnecessary drama. But damn. I sat there seething the whole conversation. Oh I was pissed.
                        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post
                          I wish I wasn't worthless.
                          You are not worthless. The people who are making you feel that way however may well be worthless - and certainly don't deserve you.

I've had to learn that lesson myself in the last week and I know its hard to see it when you are in the midst of someone elses disrespect.

*hugs*

Comment

I see the depression is lying to you again.

You are a kind wonderful loving person. Smart creative and caring.
                            Meeeeoooow.....
                            Still missing you, Plaid

Comment

• Going in for surgery soon. Maybe if I hide under the covers they'll forget about me and I can go home

Comment

*hugs Kanalah and offers large plate of banana and walnut cake* You are not worthless, honey. If worth means that the world is better for you being in it, then you surely do have worth.
                                Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                                X