Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there enough room for me and my dog? It's been a long couple of days. The dog is the super friendly type and you can't help but smile when he's around, though he's a Mastiff, so he's a bit on the large side.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

• *hugs and cookies of your choice to everybody*

I'm supposed to be memorizing about 185 brand/generic drugs for a final exam Thursday; I can't find my copy of the master list; I went to visit Mom last weekend and she was fine (or as fine as she's ever likely to be anymore) and then went back Wednesday and OMG she was SICK!! Wracking, "croupy" cough that sounded like she was on the verge of strangulation (or choking, during dinner) and when she wasn't coughing she sounded like Darth Vader on a bad day.

Nursing home staff got her on some meds and today she sounds vastly improved.

And now I am sick. Not the same symptoms but in all likelihood I got it from her. Dang it, Mom, see if I bring you any more Coke!!

Comment

• *cheesecurds and tubs of ranch for all of us*

I'm so sick of the way my life is going. ugh.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• I get so tired of my hands shaking, and my legs not wanting to work. I know a lot of people have it worse though. Still, I would like to be able to pick up a cup without spilling it all over the place because my hands shake as if I am in an earthquake.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *hugs Mytical*

Ok I am tired of the rebellion that is happening in my head. And coughing caused by allegries sucks.

And is it wrong to feel sad that forever more my birthday is going to be associated with my Uncle's funeral? Which is tomorrow. Can I just move my birthday to my hubby's, it is only 18 days later. I already have one anniversary I can't mention around half my family since my Grandfather passed away on that day the year before we got married. Yes i am being selfish.

I am going to go to my bubble (just in case this is something) and cry.
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• 3 people are out sick at my son's school, so the past two weeks for me have been -

1. walk son into school
              2. find out they need me to work all day (we don't get breaks, even for lunch)
              3. spend all day at school, even though I have so much stuff that needs to get done at home.

I found out yesterday morning that because I don't have a teaching certificate, the other teachers just consider me "the help" or a "babysitter".

Well excuse me miss Pre-K all high and mighty, I didn't realize you were teaching quantum mechanics and calculus!

So yeah I spend most of last night crying. And hubs has been complaining that the house is messy - and when he gets home - he's on the computer, headphones on watching netflix until 10 pm.

Argh!
              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Kanalah, happy to lend you a mental 2by4 for that husband of yours. *hugs *
                I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

• OK, so my left ear has been bothering me: fluid behind the ear drum sloshing around, or itching, or just general discomfort. Well, today I was trying to get some wax out with a swab--I know, I know, bad; the nurse on the nurse helpline already told me that was naughty--and ended up pushing it in further. So I made the trek to get the wax removal drops. I just made it worse. Now I have drops and wax and probably water all up in there and my hearing is muffled and I'm miserable. Now I have to go to the doctor's office and pay for a wax removal. Ugh. I can be so ignorant.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                    OK, so my left ear has been bothering me: fluid behind the ear drum sloshing around, or itching, or just general discomfort. Well, today I was trying to get some wax out with a swab--I know, I know, bad; the nurse on the nurse helpline already told me that was naughty--and ended up pushing it in further. So I made the trek to get the wax removal drops. I just made it worse. Now I have drops and wax and probably water all up in there and my hearing is muffled and I'm miserable. Now I have to go to the doctor's office and pay for a wax removal. Ugh. I can be so ignorant.
                    I use peroxide - lay on my side and have Rob eyedropper it in gently. A first cold blast then bubbling. I wait until the bubbling has stopped, turn over with a wad of paper towels to catch the used peroxide. It oxidizes and dissolves the wax so it comes out with the used peroxide. I usually do both sides right after one another then go take a nice warm shower to finish rinsing out the ear canal using plain warm saline.
                    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Well, the last of the savings I had managed to save up in my 39 years is gone. If yet another thing goes wrong, we have no credit, and nobody to turn to.

Although we have always been generous to others, and been there for them..nobody we know could lend financial assistance if we need. Because they needed US to be able to make ends meet. Not because they wouldn't want to help, they just couldn't. It's been one thing after another, after another.
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                        I use peroxide - lay on my side and have Rob eyedropper it in gently. A first cold blast then bubbling. I wait until the bubbling has stopped, turn over with a wad of paper towels to catch the used peroxide. It oxidizes and dissolves the wax so it comes out with the used peroxide. I usually do both sides right after one another then go take a nice warm shower to finish rinsing out the ear canal using plain warm saline.
                        Thank you, dear. I tried that, but somehow it pushed the wax against the eardrum and made it worse. So I had to have the nurse use the squirt bottle. It was gross, but cool. She said it had been plugged for a long time, well, both ears. The good news is that next time my friend can do it for free. (She's an RN).

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          Thank you, dear. I tried that, but somehow it pushed the wax against the eardrum and made it worse. So I had to have the nurse use the squirt bottle. It was gross, but cool. She said it had been plugged for a long time, well, both ears. The good news is that next time my friend can do it for free. (She's an RN).
                          Great =)

I have found that a 50CC push syringe from Agway works so much better than the generic irrigation syringe we have - it just doesn't have the built in splash shield, which makes sure the person doing the squdging goes slow and gentle I once had a nurse basically blast off into my ear canal. Not fun.]

[And then there is sacrificing one of my little microfine insulin syringes to inject grapes with vodka prior to freezering them. Vodka keeps them more like a grape slushy ]
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• ^ Ooooooh. (Do we have a yum smilie?) I like grapesicles, but I never thought of this. I don't have any vodka, as I've never had it. I wonder if some other kind of alcohol would work?

Comment

• Also, my current complaint is that this lower back strain is taking forever to heal. I hope it's not actually broken. I don't think it is, but honestly, I have a pretty high pain tolerance. It does seem to be getting longer between NSAID doses; I went 12 hours yesterday and didn't take any this morning. So I'm trying to look at the bright side. I just feel so limited. I felt fine all day until I bent down to use the dustpan and small broom, and then it was sharp pain. Darnit.

Comment

• Being an insomniac SUCKS!!
                                I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

Working...
                                X