This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Pixilated View Post
    Don't blame you at all for being steamed; that's just ridiculous. Is this normal, or is it just during the holidays?
    It's just during the holidays, and occasionally in the summer when we're really busy.
    "Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett
    Emissary of Minong - my blog and its Facebook page

Comment

• My little ray is with her dad, and he told me she has an earache...i miss her and want her home so i can take care of her

Comment

• My grandfather just died from a sudden heart attack. It came out of nowhere, as he was just fine when I saw him on the 24th.
        Low lie the Fields of Athenry/ Where once we watched the small free birds fly/ Our love was on the wing/ we had dreams and songs to sing/ It's so lonely around the Fields of Athenry

Comment

• Ohh andrew im so sorry...want my drakeling to snuggle? His name is fred

Comment

• Andrew B.: I'm so sorry for your loss.

Patiokitty: I know exactly how you feel. Which makes me wonder why you are still hanging out with this person at all ... are you getting anything out of your visits with her? It doesn't sound like it. I know it's hard to just dump somebody but she is so totally focused on herself that there don't seem to be much in this for you.

Comment

• Well just got back from my bi monthly endoscopy, and my stomach is throwing a revolt. Seems my throat has decided to join it. Heartburn, nausea, soreness .. normally it is not like that. Or at least not this bad. Not feeling well at all, but should go away in next 24 hours.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• "Think where man's glory most begins and ends,
                and say my glory was I had such friends."
                -- William Butler Yeats
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Hope you're feeling better, Mytical.

It took 3 tries to start my car today. Managed to get it to the local Canadian Tire, and the battery is indeed dead -- it's at 28%. Hoping brother will help me out as it's going to run close to $200 and even if I use up this next whole paycheque, I don't have that much ...

Of course, it couldn't wait another couple of weeks, until I get my next round of student loans!

Comment

• Miss No-name, 3.69kg, Israel.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Ms. Reese.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	2030402
                    ... I'm calling her Houda Hekamiii ...
                    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Awww congratulations, she's beautiful! So alert and strong.
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• My mom needs her right hip replaced. She was hoping to get the surgery in mid-February as that's when her work has a few weeks off anyway and if needed she can have a friend cover for her until she's back on her feet fully.

The surgeon says he can't fit her in until mid-March. She can't wait that long; the x-ray shows no cartilage left at all, bone spurs forming and she's getting a few 'side effects' that are unusual to say the least. All that her primary doc wants to do is give her painkillers, which mom doesn't want to do because a) it's not helping the underlying issue and b) she still needs to work (and drive). My income alone wouldn't really make a dent in our rent; not with my other bills that must be paid or else.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I fucking give up.

So I made plane reservations, hotel reservations, con reservations.

My insurance company has decided that my gall bladder is not emergency worthy, so they will be gutting me and rummaging around for it when? The week that the WorldCon is happening in London in August.

Fuck my life.
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Dozed off around 9:30 p.m. slept until about 11:30 p.m., now it's 1:30 a.m. and I am bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

And I have to get up at 6 a.m. for an 8 a.m. class.

Comment

• I think I've figured out what's going on with my hours. if there's a week where SCO has an 'unusual' number of saved transactions*, the poor sap who is watching SCO gets their hours cut the next week (more or less a legal method of docking pay). How is cutting the hours of the only person watching things supposed to make sense?

* Some of these are people using it as a price checker, some are probably walk-offs. There is no way to tell. When you have one person watching four lanes PLUS being expected to run perishable returns this stuff is going to happen and until we get actual security measures it will keep happening.
                              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Finally got the Christmas tree down (only to find the pickup is FRIDAY, not tomorrow as I had originally thought, LOL. Memo to self: learn to read the calendar!)

It's lying there forlornly at the end of the driveway ...

Comment

Working...
                                X