Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in utter shock. Its not often I post here anymore. I just lurk. But man.

A customer came in. She was neighbors with an ex coworker of mine. Apparently my ex coworker passed away this weekend. 2 weeks after her long time boyfriend passed on. She had so many issues and the company screwed her over big time. *sigh*

Comment

• I hate my body sometimes. I have intermittent flare-ups of carpal tunnel. A couple of weeks ago I had what I thought was neuropathy in my feet* that turned out to be a pinched nerve somewhere. It is totally better now, but I lost a week to sitting on my butt, not able to do much because walking hurt, and the tingling kept me up at night.
      I have scoliosis, which leads to today: I have a pinched nerve somewhere that always feels like gallbladder pain. It hurts because I went for a walk. I did not develop this pain after a fatty meal nor do I have any other symptoms, but it's going to bug me because my dad had to have his removed. I'm a worrier. 98% of my issues turn out to be spine, especially chest pain. How many times have I gone to the hospital only to be told it's a nerve issue? And the tests are expensive.

I have such a host of symptoms that mimic other things. Recently I had to have x-rays, a blood test, and an EKG because of chest/upper stomach pain. Spine. I've had chest/back/upper stomach pain that the doc thought was gallbladder, so I had a liver panel and x-rays done, and...spine. The foot issue I had probably originated in my lower spine. One time the nerve in my neck that goes down my arm got caught, and until it released 2 months later, I had excruciating arm/shoulder/elbow pain that narcotics didn't help. And for a few days I lost feeling/function in the outer half of my right hand. There's nothing I can do, really. Traction helps my C-spine and exercises help my lumbar section, but there aren't any exercises for thoracic. That's where the issue is today, and it can cause indigestion as well as pain. My only friend is tramadol, and that puts me to sleep, so I'll have to take it before bed.

*The one good thing is that it prompted me to have my blood sugar tested and that result alerted me to a potential problem.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Hate when I feel unwanted or unneeded. I KNOW Marmalady tells me otherwise every day, sometimes multiple times a day.. I have friends and family that tell me different also. Just.. been let down by a few people lately. Promises broken...
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• *comes into the fort, sits by Mytical and cuddles him close* Unwanted? Unneeded? Not by me, honey, and not by the good people on these boards.
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• Does anybody know where I can go? I may have no choice but to move into a nursing home.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• So my mom had a health scare recently and tonight she is not answering my text nor my calls to either phone. I think she might be out of town at my stepsister's house, but still I will worry until I hear from her. Whenever this stuff happens her hubs does not call me; he's just not reliable. Also, I tend to worry about mytical sometimes, too. It's hard not being in control of the universe. *sigh*
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• *hugs* Hun you should know that I am too stubborn to let my illness win. You focus on your mom. I have a ton of drakelings of all colors if you need a non furry companion.

Comment

• Things kinda suck right now...

My breathing issues have returned. The weather changes (heat, high humidity, etc.) means I get winded just sitting at my desk. No idea why. It's not like spreadsheets require me to be a damn athlete, but it's tiring.

Some of you that read my FB and LJ know that I suck when it comes to dating and relationships. Well, no more. That is, I've given up. After being contacted by yet another scammer, I've had enough. There's nobody here that wants to meet me, and I'm tired of wasting my time. I'm tired of being hurt. I'm accepting it, and getting on with my life.

As if that wasn't enough, my grandmother--my *last* surviving grandparent--is on borrowed time. She's 90, and her mind is starting to go. She's had a rough year. During the winter, she fell in the driveway, and broke her nose. That all healed, and she fell again back in May. This time, she tripped over the vacuum's cord...and broke her neck Last week, I got a call from my mother...saying that she's taken a turn for the worse, and is now in a nursing home.

Throw in the bullshit at work, and I'm going to curl up with the blanket and some stuffed animals.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• Not one big suck, but lots of little sucks piling up all at once.

I normally work two part-time jobs because it's nigh-impossible to get anything full-time and decent. I've had to take a third part-time seasonal job, and get up before the crack of dawn for it. With three jobs plus a family to take care of, I have had no time or energy for anything else and have been getting rather stressed out. And both the fabric store and the seasonal job have been hinting that there'll be longer and more shifts involved. I miss the days when hubby and I could get by with just one job each. This economy absolutely sucks.

Son just turned 13, still a ridiculously picky eater and stubborn as hell, and lately has been very lackadaisical about his schoolwork, resulting in some bad grades. We've had to lay down the law on him, and practically stand over him to make sure he does his work. With the way the economy is going, he's going to need a university degree or he's going to have a lot of difficulties in adult life, but no amount of explaining that seems to get through to him. I don't know if he honestly doesn't see the point, or just doesn't care.

My tenosynovitis has started acting up again. I am wondering if I might be developing arthritis in that hand, as the fingers are noticeably more crooked than the other. So what does the boss have me do all shift but cut fabric!

My ten year old clunkermobile needs the gauges fixed, as they are now so screwed up that some of the needles are going backwards and they're interfering with each other. I really don't want to risk driving anywhere with a non-functioning speedometer.

It's just a lot of stupid, annoying, minor things all happening at once. Maybe I'm being oversensitive, but it's enough to make me
                    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                    My LiveJournal
                    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• I am so fed up of not sleeping properly, I was awake until 10.30am ish this morning I went to bed at 2am.

Got a blood test tomorrow to check to see if it is anything psychical (thyroid is being checked). I also have sedative pills to take but I can't really take them every night as they are addictive.

*flumps into a tired pile*
                      Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Meh. Really good friend just died of cancer. He liked his home comforts-walking the dogs,having the family around,sorting his stamp collection. His daughter was 2 days older than my sister and they lived just up the road.I'm sure I spent so much time there I could have been part of the furniture. Even now,I could just wander into the lounge and make myself at home and he'd get out drinks and biscuits and the stamp collection and try to stop the daft dog from climbing on the settee/his wife/the children...I'll miss him
                        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Stupid holiday depression. I feel so worthless and stupid. I should just go away and live in a tent in the woods until I starve so I can't be a nuisance to anyone ever again.
                          https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• It's not you, Kanalah. the holidays are far more stressful than they should be. It doesn't help that there's less daylight. Take care of yourself, take some extra vitamin D and if anyone gives you grief, take great pleasure in giving them the middle digit.
                            My LiveJournal

Comment

• laryngitis! Just what I need in call center and customer service jobs! Just what I need at the busiest time of the year. FML
                              My LiveJournal

Comment

• So Lil' Zel's tablet started acting wonky, checked the error online, seems like a screen issue that is easy to fix and covered by warranty... right?

Um.... no. Took it to the store, store sent it to their service workshop, workshop takes a quick look at it... whoops, looks like water damage, not covered by warranty so we're not gonna touch it with a 10-foot pole. Called manufacturer if they can repair it (and I pay for it), but no-can-do, sorry.

So now I've got to search for an unauthorized repair shop and see if they can fix it. Hopefully my insurance can cover the costs, but there'll still be a $150 deductible I have to fork out. Bleh.

Why do some of our electronic devices go toast EVERY FRIGGIN' CHRISTMAS?!
                                A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Working...
                                X