This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth bardicwench View Post
    Who did you want to throw out the window?
    Well, the computer, for one.

Yesterday: one of the merch people asks about forecasting an adjustment in the inventory plan. Boss tells me to have her send me the numbers and we will work it in.

Today: she sends me the numbers, copying Boss and her manager

Later today: her manager sends a reply saying "we talked about this last month, I already put it in, is it not showing up?"

She replies, Oh, yes it is.

Then I get an email from Boss (who wasn't even in today), that said, and I quote in its entirety, "Are they serious?"

I said I don't know, I think I have a concussion from the
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      Does anyone know what the word "defenestration" means?
      Just make sure there isn't a manure pile under the fenestration... prevent annoying "miracles".
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Shares Pi-Cake:

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

• Can somebody spare any chocolate anything? I don't think that I'm going to make it through this next week. I have a store reset on Mon and Tues, which means I have to scan everything on Weds and Thurs. My mom is having a defibrillator put in on Fri and I will have to open the store on Sat. Just shoot me now!

Right now, I'd even go for alcohol or chocolate... or both!

Comment

• Here have a pint or 2 of chocolate mousse (I told you guys I made a whole lot). I even have some homemade whipped cream to go with.

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Does anyone know what the word "defenestration" means?
              Definition: Defenestration - to throw (object) out of a window.

Dictionary definition:
              de·fen·es·tra·tion
                 /diˌfɛnəˈstreɪʃən/ Show Spelled[dee-fen-uh-strey-shuhn]
              –noun
              the act of throwing a thing or esp. a person out of a window

Word Origin & History

defenestration
              1620, "the action of throwing out of a window," from L. fenestra "window." A word invented for one incident: the "Defenestration of Prague," May 21, 1618, when two Catholic deputies to the Bohemian national assembly and a secretary were tossed out the window (into a moat) of the castle of Hradshin by Protestant radicals. It marked the start of the Thirty Years War. Some linguists link fenestra with Gk. verb phainein "to show;" others see in it an Etruscan borrowing, based on the suffix -(s)tra , as in L. loan-words aplustre "the carved stern of a ship with its ornaments," genista "the plant broom," lanista "trainer of gladiators." Related: Defenestrate (1915); defenestrated (1620).

my google-fu is strong (actually, i used the online dictionary.reference.com ) plus, I actually read this term in a series of books by David Eddings (The Tamuli), in which a character expressed a desire to "defenestrate" another, annoying, character. Second party to the first, was horrified, until First party of the first, explained the meaning, then the second party to the first expressed enthusiasm - at which time they 'defenestrated' the annoying character from a first-floor window onto the grass. Good books though. Need to add to my collection.
              "FUCK NO I DON'T WANT YOUR FREAKY ALIEN MOTHERSHIP ORANGES. " - Cookiesaur
              ~~

Munkie's NaNo WC: 9648

Comment

• Quoth crazyofficeclerk View Post
                Right now, I'd even go for alcohol or chocolate... or both!
                : passes COC a chocolate Bailey's milkshake:
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• *Comes out from my cave deep inside the fort* Hey everybody, I think my Bad Week is finally over. Though I think I could still use some chocolate and hugs.
                  Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
                  Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

• *Shares Bar of Plenty* These are sooo yummy! *cuddles everyone that needs it* Yeah, my best friend was a no show again today.
                    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Quoth Mishi View Post
                      *Shares Bar of Plenty*
                      oooh is it toffee & apple? I love that one
                      Arp happens!

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today.

Comment

• This one's roast hazelnuts and honey roast cashews

Comment

• Oh GOD! Please move over a scosh!... I brought pie and ice cream. It's black berry pie... but I also have some cookies if you aren't up for it...

...I could use some world escape-age right now..
                          "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                          -Red

Comment

• *Makes more room* Here, have some chocolate. You sound like you need it. Ooooo pie *omnomnom*

Comment

• did someone say blackberry!?!?!

*LOVES blackberries*

Hey...Red. Shoulder rub for some pie??

Comment

• *crawls into the blanket fort; is small and doesn't take up much room, fortunately* I brought various teas, pumpkin chai muffins, snickerdoodles, and brownie cookies. Anything to friggin' keep myself awake. @_@ The weird-in-a-bad-way dreams are coming back. *clings to whoever's closest*
                                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                                X