X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “My heart has joined the Thousand, for my friend stopped running today.”

― Richard Adams, Watership Down

Just found out that a friend on another forum has been found dead, she had been having health issues.
    Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Hubs keeps telling me I'm crazy for not being a morning person and requiring at least ten hours of sleep before my ability to function without coffee kicks in. My whole family's like that, and he has even admitted it, but I'm still crazy for it.
      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

• Aragarthiel- I can't function on less than 10 hours of sleep either. It really sucks. One time, my doctor ordered me to sleep only between the hours of 10pm and 6am, after I complained about always being tired. I lasted three days before I threw a tantrum like a spoiled 3 year old...

Comment

• Wish I had the energy to drag myself into the shower, then to the kitchen to clean up what dishes were left from dinner.

Wish I had the energy to get the vacuuming finished.

Wish I had the energy to go outside to the porch and listen to music.

And hoping I don't wake up in the middle of the night drenched . . . damn night sweats.

Going through the change sucks. I don't wanna do this . . .
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Little Ara has decided that on the one night Mommy desperately needs her sleep, she's going to scream at the top of her lungs for no reason. She's fed, changed, I've rocked her, she's just mad at me because it's 3 a.m. and I'm not in the mood for playtime.

I'm just gonna crawl in here and...zzz...
            The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              And hoping I don't wake up in the middle of the night drenched . . . damn night sweats.

Going through the change sucks. I don't wanna do this . . .
              Having terrible night sweats myself and am feeling overly tired, only thing is I'm only 37...

I think the cyst on my ovary is causing a few more issues than just being painful.

Comment

• Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
                Having terrible night sweats myself and am feeling overly tired, only thing is I'm only 37...

I think the cyst on my ovary is causing a few more issues than just being painful.
                That could be the case, but as I'm not an MD nor do I play one online, I'd recommend getting an appointment w/an OB/GYN to have the necessary tests run to see what's causing that.

Normally late 30's is considered to be in a "gray area" concerning perimenopause (or that's how it was explained to me several years ago when I last had a physical.)

Of course I'm 46 now and am now feeling the effects of the perimenopause more so. But then I'm also dealing w/anemia due to chronic blood loss (as detailed over in Sickbay) and am taking iron supplements and progrestrin replacement.

Still doesn't help the fact that I have days where I'm fine as far as having enough energy (or "spoons" as I've heard Seshat describe it) to get what I need to done at both work and home, and other days where it's all I can do to get through a work day.

At least I've had yesterday and today to recharge. I've been trying to get housework done but it's been in spurts this weekend. I'll try to get the living room vacuumed tomorrow (did the dining room today, finished laundry, watered plants that are inside the house) and other than that, fixed breakfast for me and Mom, and rested on the bed w/my oscillating fan turned directly on me and listening to tv while I'm onine running scans and hanging out online.

Still have to do dinner and get my shower so I can go to work tomorrow. If I have enough energy to do that, I'll be doing good.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                  Normally late 30's is considered to be in a "gray area" concerning perimenopause (or that's how it was explained to me several years ago when I last had a physical.)
                  Currently on a waiting list to have said cyst removed, when I get my next appointment with surgeon I will bring this up. Always best to get these things checked especially since the needing to change sheets very regularly is getting annoying

My mother went through the menopause when she was 56 so we tend later in our family.

I know the spoon theory and my sister sometimes doesn't have enough energy to be able to do everything either as she has a bad knee (will need replacing at some point) and a couple of other health issues.

Comment

My mother went through the menopause when she was 56 so we tend later in our family.
                    Women in my family go through menopause later because as a general rule, we started our monthly earlier.

My Mom had her first cycle when she was 10. I was a month away from my 11th birthday when I had my first one.

She stopped having her cycles when she was 53. I'm only 46 but I've also heard it can happen a little sooner if you've never been pregnant.

Comment

• So I'm having an operation tomorrow to remove my cyst and also the ovary as it has put me in hospital twice and I'm not planning on kids.

Me I'm not nervous, I'm just shaking like this because I'm doing the twist

Comment

• Will send positive thoughts your way. Hope things go smoothly. Just for the record though, I prefer the monster mash.
                        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

So I'm having an operation tomorrow to remove my cyst and also the ovary as it has put me in hospital twice and I'm not planning on kids.

Me I'm not nervous, I'm just shaking like this because I'm doing the twist
                          Good luck - the change in tech between my first rodeo and this past total hysterectomy is amazing - just a laparoscopic tubal took a couple weeks to get back to vertical and functional at work. My total hysterectomy was done via da vinci surgical robot, and I was vertical and functional in about the same time that just a couple little cuts and rubberbands took.

Don't be afraid to ask for pain killers, you heal better when you don't hurt and you aren't going to get hooked on drugs in the course of a week ... and afterwards when you are healed up - the lack of pain from the cysts will be magical!
                          Quoth Mytical View Post
                          Will send positive thoughts your way. Hope things go smoothly. Just for the record though, I prefer the monster mash.
                          I am fond of popcorn myself =)
                          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                            Good luck

Don't be afraid to ask for pain killers, you heal better when you don't hurt and you aren't going to get hooked on drugs in the course of a week ... and afterwards when you are healed up - the lack of pain from the cysts will be magical!
                            Thank you, currently taking Naxproxin, paracetamol with a side order of codeine for the cyst pain so drugs are not going to be a problem definitely looking forward to the no pain bit

Comment

I had the same problem, but I am a guy. Apnea. CPAP has worked wonders.

Hope all went well with the procedure.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• ihatemyjob ihatemyjob ihatemyjob ihatemyjob I have never quit without notice but I am sorely tempted, and I don't even have another job.
                                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                                X