This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Bardmaiden View Post
    Thank you, currently taking Naxproxin, paracetamol with a side order of codeine for the cyst pain so drugs are not going to be a problem definitely looking forward to the no pain bit
    I had a coughing bout post abdominal op when the respiratory therapist wanted me to breath into a gizmo and I swear it hurt less than menstrual cramps with PCOS ...

And the only minor suck I have post hysterectomy? I still have tiny flecks of endometrium scattered around my abdominal cavity and I am currently losing drastic weight now my meds have been figured out [seriously, like 50 pounds/22ish K since last June 22nd!] but the release of whichever damned hormone is stored in fat triggers tiny little cramps scattered around randomly where we know there to be endometrium. *sigh* Short of gutting me and starting over, nothing I can do except deal with the next 100 pounds of weight loss and we retweak my meds to hold me at weight.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

• My brain decided I needed to dream about my late husband coming back from the dead again!
      As soon as I start thinking
      That I'm sensible and sane
      The Random Hedgehog comes along
      And fiddles with my Brain
      (from card I got)

Comment

• I'm struggling with depression again. I'm having trouble dealing with caring for 2 kids and working, even though work is only part time, and I like my job. I haven't managed to make dinner in over a week, and have been relying on Curious George and Mickey Mouse to entertain my son. It's a challenge to get out of the house, and chores are piling up. I can't seem to motivate myself.

My husband is awesome, and is trying to help. I'm afraid I need to go back on medication, which I don't want to do for multiple reasons; one of which is I'm breastfeeding my boys. And I don't have a PCP at the moment, unless I want to drive an hour to see my old physician.

Comment

• Just had a birthday and all I could think of was it was just another mediocre day in a spectacularly shitty year. First I was laid off from my job of 10 years. I've been unemployed for nearly a year now, and it's not for lack of trying, yet I've had maybe a whopping five interviews. My sister offered to talk to her place of employment about getting me a job and I'm positive that our mother put her up to it.

Yeah, I'm so pathetic that my little sister needs to find me a job. Just fucking shoot me.
          I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• my car is dead 2 weeks and counting. had the mechanic come out and look at it. replaced the spark plugs (they were corroded to the ceramic) and it seemed to be running OK. we drove for about half an hour and it died in the driveway again with the same problem. we went out and replaced the battery (the mechanic said the battery only held 30% charge) but no joy . He's due to come out on Friday hopefully to fix it for good

Comment

• Me again

Looking through Facebook and seeing how everyone I went to high school with has become a frothing-at-the-mouth-ultra-right-wing maniac who would actually vote for Donald Trump or Ben Carson as president.

I think I'll skip the reunion.
              I question my sanity every day. Sometimes it answers.

Comment

• I've had 15 surgeries, but nothing has ever scared me quite as bad as seeing the words 'Tornado Warning. Take shelter now.' on my phone an hour ago.

(Nothing happened and the storm went past us, thank God, but I'm still freakin' shaking right now)
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• Quoth firecat88 View Post
                  I've had 15 surgeries, but nothing has ever scared me quite as bad as seeing the words 'Tornado Warning. Take shelter now.' on my phone an hour ago.

(Nothing happened and the storm went past us, thank God, but I'm still freakin' shaking right now)
                  I think the warnings are scarier than the tornadoes. A couple years ago, one went through our apartment complex, we just sat in the basement and waited, no big deal.
                  Seph
                  Taur10
                  "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

• Quoth firecat88 View Post
                    I've had 15 surgeries, but nothing has ever scared me quite as bad as seeing the words 'Tornado Warning. Take shelter now.' on my phone an hour ago.

Hugs! They scare me, too. I don't have a basement. It got really humid here, and rained, but no big storm. We're due for that this weekend.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Meh. Lived through 2.. one of which took off our roof. Not saying I would be cowering lol
                      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I still get afraid. I've been through a lot of earthquakes and those would still send me running, which is actually the worst thing to do. You're supposed to get in a doorway or under a table.

Comment

• It was my first ever tornado warning experience. In Grand Junction, we kinda didn't *have* tornadoes.
                          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• Those sirens are creepy!

Comment

• $459--that's how much of a deposit I'd have to put down for Death Star internet because my credit's not good. I could do it, but I just don't want to. My sweet deal with truly unlimited data for $55 is ending. The gravy train is coming to an end. So I have to pay the same amount of money for 1/10 the data on a mobile hotspot. No more youtube for me. I guess I'll have to go back to DVDs and actual TV.

Comment

• I had a ultrasound yesterday. I have a cyst on my right ovary again (last one was 6 years ago) and it's fairly large. The tech had to check it wasn't my bladder so it's looks like it'll be as big as my last one too which ended up with me having major surgery. This sucks.

I've had about 10 (maybe more) major (full knock out) in the past 20 years.
                                As soon as I start thinking
                                That I'm sensible and sane
                                The Random Hedgehog comes along
                                And fiddles with my Brain
                                (from card I got)

Comment

Working...
                                X