Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend is passing a kidney stone. I want to cry for her.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• My parents are acting like children again. They divorced 21 years ago and have been having some sort of "who's your fav parent" pissing contest ever since. I really don't like either of them since they both told me to my face that I'm a disappointment and they'd rather coddle my younger sister. My mother even has her will written up where I get nothing and my sister gets everything, and then asked me if she can move in with me and live rent free.

My dad came to visit yesterday and he told me that mom is going to sue him for a % of his retirement money and that it makes him want to kill himself. He made a point to tell me that mom said "Oh you can't believe anything that Kanalah says."

From what I know about both of them - they're both getting older and I have a very strong feeling that both of them have decided that they'd rather have me take care of them then my sister. (She's 30 and still can't take care of herself) But they both can't live with me because they hate each other.

Plot twist: I'm not letting either of them move in.
      Last edited by Kanalah; 09-27-2015, 05:18 PM.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Quoth Kanalah View Post
        But they both can't live with me because they hate each other.

Plot twist: I'm not letting either of them move in.
        Good for you, I shouted NOooo when I reached the second last sentence . I hope none of my neighbours heard .

Comment

• They're leaving you nothing in the will, yet they expect you to take care of them? Forget that nonsense. You've got more than enough to deal with in your life.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Recently broke up with partner of four years (amicable, but still torturous at points).
            Have to look at getting a flat mate that won't steal my materials, tools or finished projects.
            Problem is the current place that I really like is not ideal to share for a non-couple, I can't find anywhere else to live in my price range, nobody will employ me and and I also have to consider my pets.
            We are both doing all we can to not screw the other over, but we are both being saddled with pretty bleak options...

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
              They're leaving you nothing in the will, yet they expect you to take care of them?
              I know what that's like. My dad, after walking out on my mom last March...decided that none of his kids would get any of the massive nest egg that he's saved up. Never mind he was hiding money instead of paying bills all those years. No, he decided that he'd put all of his accounts in my aunt's (his sister's) name. Then he started going on about how my brothers and I were to take care of him when he couldn't take care of himself.

Our reaction? Fuck you. Ideally, it would be best if he'd simply bugger off to Virginia, and let his sister (half sister, actually--the man I knew as my grandfather wasn't his real dad) deal with the drama. My brothers and I are done with the abuse and his tantrums.
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

• It's almost comical at this point. Both of my parents are in their 50's but they're acting like 3 year olds in the sandbox.

I don't want either of them moving in. For starters, I don't have the space and I'm not buying a larger house just to accommodate them. Mom had the nerve to say that if I shared a room with my daughter, and hubs with my son, then she could have the master bedroom!

Other reasons: Mom is a hoarder. She'd fill my house up with trash. Dad smokes like a chimney and not always cigarettes. Dad is also not patient in the slightest. Case in point - Gma (dad's mom) is in her late 70's. She's starting to repeat herself. This pisses Dad off and he rolls her eyes at her and tells her to knock it off. Gma told him to please not do that as it hurts her feelings. He told her to stop repeating herself. I've seen him get frustrated with my autistic daughter and ADHD son when they do *anything* that annoys him.

I know both would pull the "I'm the parent and I'm in charge" card.

Funny thing is: My sis is living rent free in Mom's house. Mom's 4 bedroom, 2000 sf house. Alone. So both of them can have their own room over there. Away from me.

As far as I'm concerned, they both made their choice when they made sis the favorite.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• Roomie is trying to get us to move out (did I mention he would keep our 1500 dollar deposit and the two bedroom apartment while we sleep on the street....how about NO). Any room in the blanket fort for me? I have crayons.
                  "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• I've got the brownies!

Comment

• I know this is small beans compared to a lot of what's going on in everyone else's life, but Little Ara decided to start teething (FOUR teeth at once, and she got two only a couple of weeks ago) and she has a cold, not to mention Hubs just started a new job that he's working on his days off so I don't get any relief at home. I'm just hoping I don't get sick, Little Ara's as energetic as she always is but a cold drains me completely and I won't be able to keep up with her. Add onto that the fact that I have midterms next week and desperately need to study, and I'm done adulting for a while. Someone else can come adult for me.
                      The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

• Ugh, teething. I feel you. Mal is 13 months tomorrow and not a damn tooth yet, but they're coming....slooooowly. My sweet, independent baby has been a clinging, snotty, sobbing, cheek-pulling, whiny, waking-up-three-times-a-night mess for three days now. And Daddy works 13 hour days. Strong mommy vibes your way. And beer. Lots of beer.
                        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• So in the last week we have had a minor fire, the grill pan caught fire and was quickly put out (no damage) and a small flood. I forgot to turn a tap off and the plug was in the sink because I had the grill pan soaking in it to clean up the mess from the fire...

meh can all this be over.
                          Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• I lost my bus pass the second time I used it today. $60 down the drain.
                            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• I am done. I am sick of everything. I want to cry. A lot. Stupid work, stupid school. I HATE MATH
                              Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Well, I just found out tonight that it looks like I will only get three days off a year from work now (Easter - Thanksgiving - Christmas).

It sucks, a lot, but I understand completely why she had to quit the job. In a way, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner. She's had an insanely tough year - losing both parents, new main job.
                                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Working...
                                X