This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Kristev View Post
    May I contribute? Today I found out that I have to start taking insulin. Needles are among my worst fears, and having to take them several times a day?

I knew anti-diabetic pills wouldn't last forever, plus love of bread being a big no-no that I defied. I understand that you reap what you sow when it comes to one's body, but still. I know it's at least partially my fault, but I need a hug.
    Hugs given! When I first started testing my blood I had the shakes. And that was with a plunger-type lancet, I can't even see the sharp bit and it doesn't hurt that much. Needles? I don't know how I'll handle that when the time comes.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• I hope we don't strike. I know I'm not the only one at the store who needs as many hours as they can get just to make the rent...and not the only one who thinks some of their demands are insane.

(I recently found out that a Republican rep here in MA actually wants to pass a bill eliminating time-and-a-half on Sundays...that company demand makes more sense now and may tie in with why I've had to fight tooth and nail for some Sunday shifts)
      Last edited by Dreamstalker; 03-01-2016, 09:37 PM.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• This sounds weird, but could anyone who prays help me out and pray my cat has a thyroid tumor? She's lost 3 pounds in a month and a thyroid tumor is the least awful of the possibilities. I should find out tomorrow what the blood tests say. She annoys the crap out of me sometimes, but I feel sick at the though of not having her around, which I guess is as good a definition of love as any.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• Prayers on the way!
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I'm in so much pain. I have got to find a way to do laundry that doesn't strain my back so badly. Mom says I need a pulley system off my balcony.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Thanks for the prayers, but it's not what I'd hoped. My cat has diabetes. We are going in Monday to discuss options but after what they said, I don't think we can afford the insulin. I've been crying since I talked to the doctor. I don't want to put her down but we may not have a choice.

Comment

• AnaKhouri, I am greatly sorry for you and your cat.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

• Thanks Kristev. My husband did some research and I feel a little more hopeful now. We'll see what happens tomorrow.

Comment

• Good luck, AnaKhouri! Praying for you and your kitty!
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• IMPORTANT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT!

Norovirus SUCKSSSSSSSSSS.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• I suck. Not only did I forget to cancel my dental appointment, but I forgot to renew my group insurance I get through work. It's a slim possibility it will roll over but if it doesn't I'm going to have to scramble to get new coverage. Insurance lady said I should try not to have a gap because it could delay certain services due to a waiting period on those types of procedures (expensive stuff like the crown I need). I guess I should at least have a cleaning while I'm still covered.

Comment

• Any room for me? My escape from retail failed. The trial period for a better job ended abruptly today. Good news: I can go back to the retail gig, so have income. Bad news: I now feel like a horrible failure.

And to top it off, I have a bladder infection.
                          "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

• *Crawls under a blanket and hides*

Been a week and a half, between my dad losing his house keys (found them today thank god), my partner on earlys, my sisters partner going through a med change and me having a breakdown on the kitchen floor.

So I think I'll have a nice relaxing day today unfortunately my partner comes home from work with a migraine and ear pain so bad that the naxprocin he's on for back pain wasn't even touching it and he was in tears. So I ended up calling NHS direct and sorting out an emergency appointment and he got antibiotics and triptans to help.
                            Final Fantasy XIV - Acorna Starfall - Ragnarok (EU Legacy)

Comment

• Found out that mom is still playing sis and I against each other. (surprise surprise)

Also after she was an ass during the pop culture show, I'll be doing the rest of my shows this year solo. I haven't told her yet, but I'm expecting flack.
                              https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• My life is a never-ending series of weird physical symptoms that mimic things other than what they are. 99% of it goes back to my badly-structured spine and all the nerves that get pinched everywhere. Tonight it's pain in my toe that came on out of the blue and suddenly. Yeah, I looked it up. None of the conditions listed apply to me. I can tell by the way my foot feels and the fact that a nerve was jumping in my other leg earlier that it's a lower back issue. It's just so annoying. I just got rid of the neck pain when the toe started up. Can I not ever have a normal day?? Nope. I'm not normal and have never been, at least not physically. ugh

Comment

Working...
                                X