X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth firecat88 View Post
    [FONT="Georgia"]pumpkin chai muffins

Recipe. PM box. NOW. Please?!?!?!?!

I've been experimenting with making a version of those, and something's still missing. don't make me beg!

Oh wait, already did.

Aw, bad dreams are bad.

*snuggles firecat and hands over a teddy bear*

Comment

• *clings to both Lupo and the teddy bear*

I *wish* I had the recipe for those muffins. @_@ The only place I can get 'em is Jazzman's Cafe at school. Those things are freakin' yummy, though. Might have to grab one if they're selling 'em today.

I do know that they've got white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts in 'em, and sugary crumbly stuff on top, but beyond that? Like I said, I wish I did have the recipe.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

• Hm.

Lupo, you might be missing cumin from them. Depending on the origin of the chai recipe, cumin is included.

The crumble is just brown sugar, butter, & a bit of flour to hold it together.

Comment

• Actually, when I was trying to come up with a way to make proper masala chai, I discovered that what I'd been skipping was the cardamom. It's much more common than the cumin is, as far as I've seen. (Yes, I'm aware that it's also more expensive )

Comment

• True.

But for muffins (or any other baked good) cinnamon is an ok substitute for cardamon. Granted, it's not as subtle or floral, but it tends to hide behind the other flavours when baked. The cumin is a bit more of an aggressive note.

Comment

• *Hands Tiny the T-Rex to firecat*
              He like cuddles.
              And I was reading posts out loud, and said "Blackberries" a little too loud and now Ryuu is wide awake, right next to her cage door, staring at me going "where are my blackberries?"
              And I'm this close to finishing this dragon, I'm super excited about it.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• Can you guys hide me? I don't want to work on the stupid remodel anymore
                We had hoped that this would be the last weekend, but NOOOO my Aunt has to be an idiot.

I could whip up mint fudge or hot butter rum cheesecakes for anyone.
                Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• *throws blanket over Elspeth*
                  There you go, all hidden
                  *puts up a "NO IDIOTS sign outside fort*
                  And now they won't come in and get us.
                  I'm feeling rather productive today!
                  Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
                  http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• So the weather gets nice for two days and the wasps and Asian beetles are taking over this entire freaking complex!

*Brings the giant bucket and hose of Bug Stop* I will spray us a perimeter to secure our safety.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
                      I could whip up mint fudge or hot butter rum cheesecakes for anyone.
                      Ooooo one of each please.

A few months ago I was freaking out about how many people were going to come to the wedding because J's family kept adding people to the list because they MUST BE INCLUDED so some of our less close friends were not invited. About a dozen of those 75 must come people are actually coming, leaving me with plenty of room to have invited friends but now it is a little late. I had even asked J's parents if they were expected to come or if they were just getting the invite so that they feel included (as we have a few people like that from my family) and was told that they would be there. Now I'm being told that I should have invited more people

Comment

• This is why I'm not doing any major venue or food planning until I have a list of guests.

Oh that reminds me that I have to go kick the Fiance to put together his list.

Dammitalltohell.

Solumina, are these friends you can include last-minute? I know it's not etiquette-worthy, but there must be some way to work them in, for at least the ceremony, I'd think.

Comment

• Defenestration. Seriously.

*Crawls in and takes cookies from...whoever...

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• If those people had RSVP-ed in a reasonable time then yes, there would have been time but most of them didn't actually RSVP so we were calling people so that we had some sort of reasonably accurate guest count to give the caterers (final count was due yesterday). There are a couple of people that I'm going to invite along but the event is next week and most of my friends are a good 4 hours away from the location so a bit of planning would be needed for most of them, mainly getting the day off as it is a Friday.

Comment

• I really wouldn't be so bothered about it if I wasn't now being pestered about how I should have invited more people, there will still be about 115 people or so, it isn't like things are going to be empty but it would have been nice to have more my "fall friends" (we all met working Howl-O-Scream, well J met them the first year he worked HOS and I got into the group before I actually worked HOS, and seem to only really see each other in the fall but we see lots of each other in that time and always get along fantastically, it is kind of a weird dynamic but it works for us).

(Sorry for the double post, I'm kind of frazzled about this whole wedding thing, thankfully not frazzled about the whole getting married part, just everything else)

Comment

• Understandable, Soulmina. Good luck to you and your soon-to-be hubby (?). And feel free to pass on any tips you have about surviving the wedding.

Oh, Mom just got laid off today. I going to see my Fiance next weekend (same state, different part) and I suggested that we meet up somewhere. She said, "Oh, I don't know, I'm going to be watching *Grandson*. *SIGGHHHHHH* It's just been such a bad day. *SSSIIIIGGGGHHHHHHH*" Look woman, I have some sympathy and I know how hard it's been lately but I am not driving alllll the way up there because you won't ask my sister if he could stay with his other Grandma because HEAVEN FORBID he spend more time with her than you. But, as usual, all things associate with my sister take precedence over anything to do with me. So, when it's Thanksgiving, don't bitch that you haven't seen me since JULY because I offered to meet you halfway and my sister and her offspring were more important.

Wheeeeee......
                                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                                X