Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I learned from preparing for my wedding: You aren't being bridezilla by putting your foot down. You are if you let others decide stuff and wait until it's too late to try to stop or change things.
    Luckily, I was super-calm and it was my maid-of-honor that freaked out. A bottle of Mountain Dew and some Swedish Fish later, she was ok and we survived.
    My mum did all the invites though. She wouldn't let me do them, because she didn't want my friends coming to the wedding. I explained this to my friends, and they were like "Ok, cool, we know your mum's a bitch. When you redo your vows though, you won't let her do anything though."
    And remember, if it messes up, in 15 years when you renew your vows (if you want to, I do because hubby and I had a cheap, mum-dominated wedding and we want to have one our own way when we get money) you can do it differently.

IF you need to talk about weddings and how to keep calm, you can talk to me, I can help.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• Quoth hinakiba777 View Post
      Though I think I could still use some chocolate and hugs.
      *gives chocolate and hugs, and throws in a massage for free*

I seriously need a better and higher paying job. *sighs*
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• Quoth Mytical View Post
        I seriously need a better and higher paying job.
        You and Rugz both... he's cranky because he just heard that one of our friends is working at a sandwich shop for $2 less an hour. Once he's finished his 3 month trial, he'll be getting the same as Rugz, who is a highly qualified mechanic!
        Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

• Right now I am seeing a bit of red. I pretty much begged and pleaded for a day off recently. I have been working for the same place for 5 years. It didn't happen. I just learned that somebody who has worked 2 months, earned NO vacation yet has scheduled themselves 5 days off in a row. Since starting they have already missed 4 days! I really need the cs blanket fort right now.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

• I haz sad i found a poor sick pigeon i am cuddling it.it is going to die.
            Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

• Awwww!
              Today is kind of a sucky day.
              Rushed out of the house to mail a package, all of the post offices close at noon, I got there at 12:10...the person inside saw a lady walking up to the door and ran to lock them out...so I didn't even get out of the car. I can't mail this until Tuesday now.
              Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
              http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

• Argh, don't get me started about my wedding....

well alright, long story short, fiancee and I were planning the wedding, when my mom decided she hated everyone and everything, kicked me out the house and left me without a car or a phone. So fiancee and I went downtown to the JotP and got quicky-married and I moved in with him. We hosted a fancy dinner reception about a month later for the families.

And I need to spend more time in here. 2 weeks until this huge craft show and mom/grandmother still haven't even opened boxes to see what they have. Someone pass some good booze, I'm gonna need it.
                Last edited by Kanalah; 10-09-2010, 07:50 PM.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

• i decided to go take photos today. i get to my first destination, after over an hour of driving, to find my memory card is broken, and in the locked position. so i got like 3 film photos there. drive 20 min to the closest place that would sell photo items. and i buy a new card. i drive to my 2nd destination. (which actually had two places) the first was kinda blah and i took a few photos. i think i may have exposed my roll of film as well. i get to my other destination to find it is closed. it either was an event or just full, so they werent anyone else in

i took 19 digital pics, only 1 came out decent.

tonite i was going to go bowling with my coworkers, they all backed out.

:/

Comment

• Thanks for the yummies. Every time I go into work, it just keeps getting worse. *Moves pillows and blankets to get a more comfortable spot.* Why must I keep getting CSMs that don't have any idea what in the freaking h*ll they are doing and I have to keep fixing their crap? Yet, when the people from the office call they want to know why I'M doing it right and the manager can't figure it out.

Comment

• Quoth Elspeth View Post
                      Yay a reason to make the Hot Butter Rum cheesecake.
                      OMG...that sounds so delicious!!!

I'm starting to get sick.
                      All the girls at work were sick this week, so they spread it around. Then, the other night, my granddaughter was sick and I cuddled her in my arms all night because she was really clingy, so I imagine I picked up something from her.

Work still sucks.

I've been on a forced 2 week internet hiatus because of some financial setbacks and trying to handle things on my own, but that seems to be starting to turn around now.

Booze and chocolate and big fluffy pillows in a blanket fort sound like an excellent plan now.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

• I've had a long week myself dealing with work (had the DM come in for the day on Wednesday to do a store audit,) then my brother's birthday was Thursday and Friday I was just so wiped out by the time I got home, I crawled under the covers with the remote control and stayed there for awhile.

Now I'm tired again from working inside the house, clearing out dead plants off the deck and cooking dinner. I still have to clean up the kitchen, and my neck is getting stiff from sitting at the table with the laptop.

So I guess I'll go back in, clean up the kitchen, get into my comfy fuzzy jammie pants and get in bed. If I'm not too sleepy, I may bring the laptop in and come back online for a bit.

So if anyone needs me, I'll be in the farthest corner of the CS Fort, hiding behind about half a dozen pillows wrapped up under the covers.

And I don't snore, or at least I've never heard anyone say I did.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• I'm just feeling sorry for myself.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
                            I'm just feeling sorry for myself.
                            Me too.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• I you, BE.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

• Quoth Becks View Post
                                I you, BE.
                                I you, too, Becks.
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X