Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have kitties, a fuzzy blanket, coffee, and Sunday Morning on CBS.

Life is good. Though I do have to get up soon to start the stew (beef w/butternut squash), because I'm working today and need to get it on the stove and simmering by 11am.

Comment

• I've been up, Kia.

And now I'm about to walk out the door to go to work myself.

that stew sounds fascinating.

Comment

• I'll let you know how it comes out. I haven't tried this recipe with squash yet, but I have a ton of squash and figured it can't hurt to try.

Have fun at work! Try not to kill anyone. Not without an alibi, at least.

Comment

• But...but...

*grumbles* I never get to have any fun without actually having to work for it. >.>

Comment

• Ok, so I think I've figured something out.

The smaller the onion, the more concentrated the OW MY EYES is.

Comment

• Awww...poor Kia!!

I hate cutting up onions. I have this kitchen tool that lets me chop or dice veggies real quick. Quarter an onion, place it in and ca-chuunk! Diced onion, less OW. One of my favorite tools. Got mama hooked on one, and she had to buy one cuz she almost stole mine!!

Only downside is, it doesn't SLICE onions, so when I want sliced veggies, I have to do that by hand.

I want a mandolin... >.>

Comment

• Are the laundry facilities in here? BE must crawl out of the fort to do laundry.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

• Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                  Are the laundry facilities in here? BE must crawl out of the fort to do laundry.
                  Just outside the fort, to the right. I had to do a bunch of laundry yesterday.

And I think I'll crawl back in for a spell . . . got the big building cleared out pretty good and set out a bunch of stuff that I can't use anymore out on the hill.

So far, we've had 2 people I've seen come up and clear out some of it.

Correction: 3 as of just now . . . got a couple out here with a pickup truck loading it as I'm typing.

At the rate I'm going, I suspect almost all of it will be gone before dark tonight.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Whats that "ker-plink" noise?

Dont tell me someone's dragged a pinball machine in here?
                    Customer "why did you answer the phone if you can't help me?"

Comment

• Quoth TelephoneAngel View Post
                      Whats that "ker-plink" noise?

Dont tell me someone's dragged a pinball machine in here?
                      I don't know but I sure would like to have one of those vintage Donkey Kong arcade machines.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• I think its time for ice cream sundaes!!

Comment

• *hides*

*points at the Main Forum*

*keeps hiding*

I need a new job.

Comment

• i have heard of a trick with onions. I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to

You freeze the onion.

Also why in the bloody hell am I cold? I don't get cold, but I am shivering I am so cold.
                            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

• Usually I cut them near the stove, with the stove on. Gas stove. But today I was doing all the prep on the other counter, because it's granite and easier to clean than the wooden counter (not a butcherblock) next to the stove. Shoulda just done my usual routine.

The stew is good. Not too much squash flavour, I think it's a good sub for potatoes. Next time I leave out the Parmesan rind though.

Comment

• Hiiiiiii....

Back in KS, after spending all day on the road yesterday seeing family and all day on the road today getting here. TIRED.

But! Fiance has a job interview tomorrow morning (he followed me to KS and is driving back tomorrow). Mom might be discharged from the hospital tomorrow. I talked to Dad tonight, and he actually sounded somewhat sober. Good news all around.
                                "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                                Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Working...
                                X