Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, I've been IM free for several years (ever since my computer took a crap on me years ago and ICQ had no way to get my account back and if I didn't have all my contacts, I didn't want my account), but I caved in to pressures from a friend who wanted to voice chat and signed up for a Skype account.

Mostly, I've just used it as an IM chat program, which has been useful since one of my friends in City of Heroes that I chat with a ton is out of the game until this coming weekend, we I still got to chatter at him, which is cool.

Anyway, if anyone wants to chatter at me via Skype, my account is the following:
    andara.bledin

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

mines the same as my SN here, so no probs there lol
    "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

Mine is deathfey. I don't go on much though
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Mine is also the same as my screen name... I'm not on too terribly often, but when I am on I'm almost always willing to chat.
        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

How much does Sykpe cost?

If it doesn't bog down my ever so slow computer too much and it's free, I'd join.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

blas, it is free, and it doesn't bog down my 5 year old computer... so...

Comment

but will it bog down my very first version of Vista pile of shit ?

Oh nvm....I don't have a cam anymore
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Skype can be used for chat too, you don't need microphone or webcam, just a keyboard.
                I haven't used Skype for years, though. I can't even remember the name I used.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

Blas, my computer's cooling system is the side panel pulled off with a clip on fan, yeah it is running XP, but if my run down system which has before started lagging on Bejewelled Blitz can handle skype (for both chat, voice, and video) without problem, then I'm pretty sure yours can handle it too

Comment

Nearly all of my Skyping has been text, so far.

Done some voice chatting with a couple of different friends, but most of the people I have added to my contact list don't seem to have mics or cameras, and I don't have a webcam, myself, so just stick with the headset.

You can also do one-sided, too, with one person doing voice or video, and the other person just doing text.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've got webcam and mic and I also do text. As I put in the other thread I'm lady_legira on there feel free to add me just let me know you're from CS.
                      As soon as I start thinking
                      That I'm sensible and sane
                      The Random Hedgehog comes along
                      And fiddles with my Brain
                      (from card I got)

Comment

Working...
                      X