Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow. Cursed With Providers AND Maybe Even Scammers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow. Cursed With Providers AND Maybe Even Scammers.

We had this problem with AT&T twice. "Losing" or not receiving my mom's payment (my brother and I pay her in cash or check for our portion of the bill, my mom has it automatically taken from her checking account).

Today I got a call from an 877 number. I ignored it, no message, so I googled it. The results I got was Verizon's debt collections.

Now, knowing there are plenty of scams out there, pretending to be carriers of AT&T or Verizon or whatever have you, even though I'm not the main person on our account, I decided to call the local store and see what was up. Oh great, if you select option 2 to speak to an associate about billing, you get that dreaded derr derr derr derr derrr signal on your phone that the call has been disconnected. Twice.

Finally mom gets a hold of me and says that someone from Verizon has already called her, not the 877 number, and it's been taken care of. A while later, I get a free text message from Verizon addressed to V Blasenheimer (my mom, I just assume it was sent to all three of us) that her payment had been received and will be processed today. Ok, great.

Later on, I'm sleeping, it's about 5:30 pm and my phone goes off. Oh lovely. It's that 877 number again. Not in the mood to talk or even answer in my "How dare you wake me up" mode, I ignore it again. If the payment was processed most likely sometime today, why are they still calling? Or are they the scam?

I'm not even sure. Whocalledus and another tracking site seemed pretty legit that the 877 number is collections, even though a few posters said they never believe those numbers and only react when someone from the actual store calls them.

Just leave me alone, god dammit. It's not even my account. And my mother NEVER is late on any bills. EVER. Wow. This just sucks. We better not be shut off tomorrow.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

AT&T is so overblaoted and infected with an inability for any of their departments to talk to each other (or so it would seem from my company's standpoint), that I wouldn't trust them to have any of their shit straight at any given time.

When a single account can have no less than 8 completely different account numbers over the course of a year with no other changes being made, you know there is something seriously wrong on the provider's end.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      A while later, I get a free text message from Verizon addressed to V Blasenheimer (my mom, I just assume it was sent to all three of us) that her payment had been received and will be processed today. <snip> even though a few posters said they never believe those numbers and only react when someone from the actual store calls them.
      having worked VZW customer service-I'm betting your number is somehow listed as the primary line on the account-it can be switched-and as far as the store calling you-yeah won't happen, they have nothing to do with billing-though sometimes for some odd reason direct payment gets snagged up(computer error)
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
      X