This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Don't Want It To End.

Today is the last day of the above average temps around here. We've been in the low to upper 70s for the past week/week and a half. We had a pretty frigid and almost fully below average September, so it's been a treat.

A year ago today, we got an inch and a half of snow. Today's high is upper 70s

Unfortunately, it may rain tonight and that system will bring in more seasonable temperatures. But still a decent weekend, it's looking to be mid to maybe upper 60s for Friday and Saturday

I saw a monarch butterfly and another....interesting looking black and yellow butterfly, and I saw a dandelion still standing proud and yellow on Friday.

I don't want to give up and give in. Stay forever, nice weather.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Move to Florida with me. Itll be nice and hot, i promise.

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
      Move to Florida with me. Itll be nice and hot, i promise.
      You and Blas can always come visit me. (I'm in SW Florida but hey! that's what road trips are for)
      ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

In roughly Jan 2012 hubby and I are going to try our best to move to Tucson AZ ... my poor bod is not taking the cold as well as we would like and I would rather move to where it isnt bad than dope upon painkillers all the time.

That is a nice warm area too =) And we are hoping to get a much bigger house with at least one guest room =)
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Arizona has been on my radar for a while now. If I had the means, I'd be out of this arctic cold/snow dumping winter and overly humid wet summers state forever long ago.

Comment

It's been absolutely stunning here in the City. Clear, crisp days, cool nights with a bite to the air, and BRIGHT. We almost don't need lights on in the store, thanks to how sunny it's been.

I just hope this winter isn't as bad as all the almanacs are predicting. My apartment isn't well insulated.

Comment

Neither is mine, but I live upstairs and in the middle. Staying warm isn't the issue, it's getting around, making it safely to and from places, and the fact that everything is dead and frozen

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                Neither is mine, but I live upstairs and in the middle. Staying warm isn't the issue, it's getting around, making it safely to and from places, and the fact that everything is dead and frozen
                Maybe it's because I'm a skier, but I love winter. I love how sparkly it is. The silence of a snow-covered night, the darkness of driving all alone on a road, the monotone grey with bits of random colour poking through. I've always adored the way a truly freezing morning will make my breath catch, and freeze the inside of my nose.

Comment

Snow makes me want to vomit. People around me, even people who have lived here since day 1, always goo and gaw over snow, I just want to throw up.

Of course, it drives everyone I know crazy that I hate the thought of bundling up in several pounds of outerwear and doing activities in that slop and cold, but it makes sense to me to stay inside and stay warm. I'm a freak, I should have never been born here.

It doesn't help that soon enough, it will be dark out well before 6 pm. It's already getting dark before 7.

Comment

You and my fiance would get along fabulously. He doesn't understand the appeal of bundling up, going outside to play in the snow till you're soaking wet and sweaty, and then coming in for a hot shower and boozed-up hot cocoa paired with snuggles and maybe a bit of who-knows-what.

Comment

Cuddling is probably the only good thing about the cold of winter. My bf is a human heater, and it was a really humid wet summer, so we didn't cuddle much or lay close to each other.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post

It doesn't help that soon enough, it will be dark out well before 4 pm. It's already getting dark before 7.
                        Fixed that for you.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                        X