This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yay for end of Unemployment Hell!

And so it begins. After 2 unemployed summers, 3 if you don't count my 4-month volunteer unpaid internship as a job, and 3 crummy months of fruitless searching, I finally have a job! And it's even IT, in my field! I'd smile, but I'm afraid my face might collapse!

Now the inevitable downsides are, this is entry-level grunt-work, not highly technical. Plus the hours aren't guaranteed. In 2 weeks so far, I've only clocked 20-30 hours/week.

But it's IT, which means I finally have my foot in the door. Replacing old PC's for new ones means it's probably the one and only time in my IT career that I'll be seen as a good guy. End-users act like its christmas morning upon our arrival. Also it's sweet irony that our current project has me working for the very same company that fired my ass not that long ago

I won't be customer-facing, so no SC stories. But I'm sure I'll have tales of sucky (l)users and co-irkers. In fact one of the people involved with scheduling may be earning his own MiM thread.

So goodbye unemployment hell, and good riddance.
    Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Congrats! I, too, have been booted from Unemployment Hell (I hope). It's a great feeling
    I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

wooooooooooooo~
      Have a drink!
      Don't go crazy, just a little springy, like cats do on occasions.
      Just be happy you aren't having to kiss ass! (for now anyway.)
      Hopefully, the company will realize how awesome you are. :hopes:
      "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
      "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Glad you got something and I bet in time they will see how much of an asset you are to the company. Congrats and cheers to new and great endeavors!
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Congrats, Talon!

And don't worry about being entry level now, everyone's gotta put in their time in the trenches. At least you get to play Santa.

I love handing out new PCs.
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Hooray!
            Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
            Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

Congrats on getting out of UE hell. Think of those you've left behind from time to time, will you?
              The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Working...
              X