This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tired, Frustrated & Stressed

My stress levels are creeping back up again... let's just stay that me & long distance relationships don't agree, and that's not helping. On top of that, it just seems that no matter WHAT I do, I end up unhappy and stressed, and I watch my world collapse around me.

I'm cursed.

Now I'm having issues fighting with the hotel I stayed at this weekend, because they double authorized my card (authorized for $560.24 instead of $280.12) so my card is pretty much maxed out and I've been stressed about finances as it is... doesn't help that I had to buy a new computer last week because mine crashed & burned and I needed it for work.

I swear, if my life gets worse I'm going to have to get a job working on a street corner or something. Or set up a paypal donation link. *sigh*

Stress is bad enough that I'm on Day 4 of a migraine and my acid reflux has kicked up high enough that I pretty can't eat anything... and I'm worried that it's not just the stress aggravating the acid but I need time off to see my doctor and do tests - if that's what it takes to figure out why my inside is eating itself.

Right now, I just need to curl up and cry, and have someone reassure me that it's going to be ok. I need someone to cuddle me. I'm tired of being alone and dealing with everything alone, but that's not going to change any time soon... if ever.

Can I just give up?
    "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

No, you may not give up! Too many people, here at least, would miss you!

If taking some time to yourself to curl up and cry would help, then by all means, do so. I find a good cry to be extremely worthwhile at times.

Things WILL be ok. It may take a while, but it WILL work out. As long as this board exists, you're not alone, and you may come vent any time.
    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

1. Go to Target. Get Omeprazole. If your reflux is really that bad, it's worth the potential calcium-leeching effects (and there are ways around that).

2. Deal with the hotel tomorrow. Get them to release the authorization (they CAN do that) and growl at them politely until they do.

3. You just have to visit your other half more frequently. Or get him to visit you. It can be done, even if the timing seems impossible right now.

It will be ok. I promise you that. I know they're not much, but I can offer you internet cuddles.

Comment

No, no you may not.

I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
          1. Go to Target. Get Omeprazole. If your reflux is really that bad, it's worth the potential calcium-leeching effects (and there are ways around that).
          Already on and have been on. Acid reflux bad enough that Omeprazole isn't taking care of it.

Quoth KiaKat View Post
          2. Deal with the hotel tomorrow. Get them to release the authorization (they CAN do that) and growl at them politely until they do.
          Already left a message at the hotel at the VM of whoever they transferred me to. Hopefully was the correct person. If I don't hear back by my lunch tomorrow, I'll call again.

Quoth KiaKat View Post
          3. You just have to visit your other half more frequently. Or get him to visit you. It can be done, even if the timing seems impossible right now.
          Unfortunately, that might be part of the problem. I'm confused right now, and that's not helping matters.
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

*hugs* I am sorry you are having a rough time hun. You know if there is anything I can do or help with I am here. Please don't stress about me, I will be here, and I can come up first thing next wed if you want. Just say the world. Or if you need time/space just let me know. I am here for you, however you need me to be...even if it is just friends.

Check your PM for more hun. *hugs*.
            Last edited by Mytical; 10-13-2010, 07:54 AM.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
              When the money comes back is pretty much at the mercy of the card processing service and the home bank.

My workplace has had people calling pissed off about an authorization that we canceled that same day, and there was not a blessed thing we could do to get their money back any faster because we didn't have it and never had.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The hotel I booked for D*C did that same thing to me. Tied up 500 extra for 5 business days. I eventually got that 500 back, but was in a world of financial hurt until I did . Especially after it cost near double what I was expecting in the first place.

The only good news I can offer is that they will only keep the extra temporarily. Usually no more then 5 business days. It doesn't help much right now though. *hugs Wenchie*
                Last edited by Mytical; 10-13-2010, 10:44 AM.
                Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Here Wenchie have some music to make you feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCrnF844_ww
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

I put a card down at the Hyatt for D*C this year. They told me they'd be placing an authorization hold on it, at which point I told them never mind, because I needed that money. They put the hold anyway, and I had to talk to someone at the bank - who told me that the hotel could fax proof of having released the hold, and at that point the bank would release the funds.

There *must* be a way of getting funds released. I don't see it being legal for either a bank or a business to place such a large amount of money out of commission for days on end.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                      wait ...what? I take that and it leeches calcium? I'm also taking calcium supplements....sorry OT but I'm curious about this.
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Studies have shown that the PPI's leech calcium from blood. It can be slightly averted if you take the supplements either 30 minutes before or 2 hours after taking the PPI, but you should get regular bone-density scans if you're on it for long-term purposes.

If you're running the 14-day course for an ulcer, it's not as severe. But if you're taking it permanently for reflux and acid-reduction, then yeah, there could be problems in the future.

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                          If you're running the 14-day course for an ulcer, it's not as severe. But if you're taking it permanently for reflux and acid-reduction, then yeah, there could be problems in the future.

I'm on it permanently, and still nomming Tums like they're going out of style.

I'm just not going to eat. When bread & water are giving me reflux, that's my body's way of telling me that I shouldn't eat.

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
                            My stress levels are creeping back up again... let's just stay that me & long distance relationships don't agree, and that's not helping. On top of that, it just seems that no matter WHAT I do, I end up unhappy and stressed, and I watch my world collapse around me.
                            I know all too well how you feel. The only thing that i found out how to deal with it was to dumb said person (they weren't right for me anyway, a year later i found the one and am now happily married.)

As for you tummy...:/ not eating wont help much either....but i don't know what you CAN eat...maybe try doing spoonfuls of Honey? It's the easiest item to digest, and it will at least give you some sugar. So at least you wont crash too much with your blood sugar.
                            I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Wenchie, you might want to try Mylanta instead of Tums. It works faster, according to my mom, the nurse.

When I had my almost ulcer, I spent the weekend swigging Mylanta. The only thing I ate over the weekend was like 3 bowls of applesauce.

You CAN make it through this, darling. We're all here for you.

:: snugs ::
                              SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                              SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Working...
                              X