Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A baseball first may be on the horizon....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A baseball first may be on the horizon....

I am a baseball fan.

I hate the Yankees.
    I hate the Giants.

While I can almost always find a rooting interest, I have often said that if the Yankees and the Giants ever meet in the World Series, I will completely ignore the Series.

Well, both the Yankees and Giants are in the playoffs, and are among the last four teams standing. If both win their League Championship Series, something I have talked about abstractly will come to pass.

I hate to not watch the World Series, but my hatred for these two teams is far stronger than that.

So, GO PHILLIES! GO RANGERS!

I hate being forced to root against teams, but I hate teams I hate winning even more.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

You hate the Yankees?

Oh, Jester...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      You hate the Yankees?

Oh, Jester...
      I'm sorry, but I don't like the Yankees, either.

So, I'm forced to hope the Rangers win. Which sucks, because I'm an A's fan.
      In the slot machine of life, I am the WILD symbol.

Comment

Jester, have I ever told you I love you? *third generation born, bred and raised braves fan*

Comment

I don't know whether to hope the Phillies win or lose, because either way there will be a riot in town.,

Comment

go Jays... sorry ima canuck and not a BB fan
            It's a tough row to hoe, and I'm just the Joe to hoe it.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              You hate the Yankees?
              Passionately.

Along with the San Francisco Giants, the Denver Broncos, the Kansas City Chiefs, the Anaheim Ducks, the Los Angeles Lakers, the San Antonio Spurs, the Ohio State Buckeyes, and above all else, the University of Arizona Wildcats.

Quoth RedHeadPhoneGirl View Post
              Jester, have I ever told you I love you? *third generation born, bred and raised braves fan*
              Many times.

You DO know that I am not a Braves fan, unless they are playing a team I don't care for, right?

Though of course I was rooting hard for the Braves over the Giants, since the Giants suck donkey balls.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Brewers and Mets fan here.

So, you know, my hopes are usually dead by...June.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm a Diamondbacks fan.

My team was done before training camp broke.

Still A Customer."

Comment

You...win?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                      Brewers and Mets fan here.

So, you know, my hopes are usually dead by...opening day.
                      Corrected for accuracy.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

BoSox and Marlins here.

Imagine this:

Yankees Payroll: $206M
                        Rangers Payroll: $51M

I think this is the largest difference in playoff history - $150M.

The spread is more than the third highest payroll (Cubs) at $147M (BoSox are at $163M).

I like the rangers - a lot of classic players have been with them, Nolan Ryan, Will Clark, etc..
                        Quote Dalesys:
                        ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

*raises hand*

Born & bred Red Sox fan.

I despise the Yankees.

I put up with the Mets (fiance is a huge fan, runs a fan message board).

However, I'm a Cablevision customer, so I can't currently watch the NLCS. Because we don't have Fox. Because Fox pulled their programming from Cablevision. If it isn't restored soon, we may not have the WS.

*grumbles*

Comment

I don't keep up with sports much (and why the hell would I with the way my school's been playing lately. We shut down campus for that embarrassment with KState??) However, I want the Razorbacks to lose out SOON because I am sick and effin tired of reading that shit on my Facebook every weekend...mostly from Arkansas State alums. I mean, root for the Red Wolves or not, I don't care. But don't cheer for the Evil University of Walmart!!!!
                            "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                            Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                              I think this is the largest difference in playoff history - $150M.
                              I dunno about that....what about the Marlins vs. Yankess in the WS a few years ago?

And don't the Rangers have a larger payroll than the Twins? Or aren't they at least comparable?

By the way, the difference in payroll is only a story if the Rangers WIN.

GO RANGERS! Got one last night, now for three more.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X