Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year...

Well, not really. It's getting colder, the trees are nekkid, there's frost in the morning, and our first snowfall is scheduled for next Wednesday (eff off, Frosty!)

But it's a great time of year for one reason: Old Witch downstairs leaves for down south for the winter! Peace and quiet, at least from one angle of this building!

Let me tell you, this has been a difficult week for day sleeping, moreso than usual. See, Old Witch has a second home down south. It's not like she needs to bring a lot with her. And yet, almost every day this week, it has sounded like furniture is being moved around or taken out, like she's packing up. And she's had all kinds of people over, probably to say goodbye or to help her out. I suppose since it's during the day or before too late at night, it's nothing that can be done about it.

Sure, this building is built more poorly than a house of cards and the walls are paper thin, but yesterday, she was laughing SO loudly that it woke me up in my sleep. I actually woke up terrified that there was a ghost in the next room laughing (don't ask, I freak easily like that, there's a ghost at my parents' house and anything wakes me up and gets me thinking like that).

As I said, this whole week, if she hasn't been laughing or having loud conversations right below where I'm sleeping, it sounds like the entire downstairs is collapsing. I don't even know how a little old woman can make that much freaking noise. I've woken up in the middle of the afternoon and evening because of a loud crash or her laughing or them all talking.

Usually, she isn't too noisy or anything beyond slightly annoying, the stuff I usually have to deal with when it comes to sleeping during the day.

But this year moreso than any other year, I am so happy to be rid of her. And this spring, I may even be leaving. Thank God. It will be a note for the future to never live near older people or shut-ins ever again (the shut-in is a whole different can of worms).
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

do tell about the shut ins
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Ummmm.... not ALL shut-ins are bad!

*hides because she's 90% a shut-in... has agoraphobia but makes herself go out a couple of times per week*
      "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Quoth Wenchie View Post
        Ummmm.... not ALL shut-ins are bad!

*hides because she's 90% a shut-in... has agoraphobia but makes herself go out a couple of times per week*
        OH I only said that because I myself am a shut in most of the time so I want to hear about others...since I don't get out much

Comment

Quoth telecom_goddess View Post
          OH I only said that because I myself am a shut in most of the time so I want to hear about others...since I don't get out much
          I was more commenting to blas saying she wasn't going to live near shut ins in the future....
          "Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!" - The Truman Show

Comment

Please don't get offended. You don't know this guy. He only leaves the house to work and go hunting/fishing. Which is fine, except he is the first (if Old Witch isn't around) about neighbors having people over.

If you want to stay home all the time, that's fine. I spend most of my time at home because I have to. However, just because you don't care to go out and be with people or have anyone come over to your place doesn't mean you get upset when neighbors do, especially if they aren't being nosy or if they have someone over once in a great while or for a very short time.

Comment

In other words he's a nosy old busy body who can't keep their nose out of other people's business....gotta love it.

Comment

He's not that old, he's about my dad's age, later 40s.

There's another guy around the same age who is my other next door neighbor, he only leaves his apartment to go to work and get whatever he needs, but he and I have no problems. He watches his TV a tad loud for my taste (but then again, it's my own problem I've gotten so used to sleeping on the couch instead of my bed in my room) but I will tolerate that any day because he will never say anything or be nosy or whine or give attitude about me having a friend over or my bf over. I have asked him, after Old Witch and Asshat have taken issue with me before, if I was loud, and he's said that he didn't hear anything and has never had a problem with me.

Honestly, it's so rare that my bf even comes over or stays here. He had to stay here for two weekends because it was the only way we could spend the night together because of his grandparents visiting, and we didn't even go out or drink or anything, in fact, after we ate and went to the movies, we came back with some snacks and rented a movie, and went out to smoke, weren't even hardly talking because he knows how it goes around here, and the first guy I talked about, he opened up his door and poked his head out and had this disapproving look on his face. There is no way he heard my TV, it wasn't ungodly late at night, and there is no way we were even talking loudly. He just knew I had someone over and was being an ass. He does the same thing when I have a girlfriend over, which is also extremely rare, but if we go out for a smoke or simply because he never shuts his damn windows from early spring to late fall, if he hears multiple people coming up the stairs or walking across the porch, sure enough he's by the window or poking his head out the door.

I call bullshit on that because every evening before work (at least if I don't have to go in early) I am outside on the phone and smoking multiple times, and he never pokes his head out the door or gives a sign he's listening or irritated. On nights that I stay home alone on the weekend or if I call in sick from work, all throughout the night I will go outside multiple times and I don't hear the door open once. So it's obviously a problem if someone else is there with me.

It's fine if you don't want to go out and be with others. That wasn't the reason I was poking names at him. It's because he has the nerve to get upset with his young lady neighbor for *RARELY* having her bf or a girlfriend over, no parties, no drinking, nothing wild or even remotely loud, he is an ass who perpetuates a stereotype of a neighbor who lives in their own world and has issues with anyone who isn't the same way.

Oh, back to the original point at hand, if I no longer have to defend myself here and we can move on: Old Witch is gone. Horray! Six months of no downstairs neighbor!
                Last edited by blas; 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X