This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more feline fun!!

So I took Morgan to the vet yesterday for her her jabs.....and my dear sweet tabby neeeds to diet, haha. I knew that, but I did laugh when Morg hissed at the vet when she was weighed.

But all is not well, Miss Morgan needs her teeth cleaned and possibly remove the back ones. Sigh. I told my vet tech friend this, and she just shook her head and laughed at my vet bills.

One good thing, Morg must have held her own during the blood draw and vaccines, because the vet came back in the room and was very quick to put Morg back in the carrier. That's mama's bitting tabby

CATS!! Ugh!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Poor baby! Our oldest boy has had teeth problems too. He's had 2 pulled in his life and his breath is starting to smell so he probably needs a cleaning again.

He's also the cat that weighed 15 pounds when my husband moved down here 5 years ago, and now he's 8.2! Which is healthy for his frame size, he's a fairly small cat t begin with. So dieting is possible! We just feed him twice a day, rather than keeping his food bowl full all the time. We had him on a "diet" formula cat food for a while too, but he's back on the regular stuff now. The "kitten" on the other hand, is up to a whopping 8.8lbs and he's only about 7 months old. He's going to be ginormous.

Comment

UGH!! Morg's blood work came back: her blood is perfect Her urine is not She needs a special diet to avoid crystals. So both cats are on special diet foods, and not the same stuff.

Guess I'll give my big tub of normal cat food to the bf's cats. THEY are normal.
      "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Re the crystals issue=our youngest boycat has FLUTD. So we give them some of the special cat food from the vet (we just give them the dry stuff not the wet) and youngest boycat gets tablets twice a day. He'll take them....to an extent.

and as for teeth, our youngest boycat seems to have lost a LOT....
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
          and youngest boycat gets tablets twice a day. He'll take them....to an extent.
          one of my coworkers is also a vet tech-her trick for "pilling" cats-Braunschweiger
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Mmmmm soft liver sausage... Braunschwiger's teh awesumust. I can assure you, this would work for pilling me as well.
            :3
            Also, isn't 'biting tabby' like 'fighting Irish'-- almost an oxymoron? (btw, part irish here hushies)
            "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
            "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
              one of my coworkers is also a vet tech-her trick for "pilling" cats-Braunschweiger
              I love the stuff, my cat hates it pilling her can get *interesting* and usually takes 2 people - just like trimming her front claws and putting on the cute little plastic claw caps.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

My old cats Abby and Bit needed the special prescription food.

They actually lost weight eating it, because it was better for them than store food. It's worth it, and if you want, give mushy food to the cats too every few days.

Give em scritches...but fix the mouth soon. Pooky had evil bad breath - rotting teeth and lots of plaque. Got her to cat dentist, fixed and didn't smell like dead stuff.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                  By extent I mean that he'll swallow them, but he does also spit them out quite a bit in front of mum. So he gets the same pill shoved back down his throat. (mum just holds his mouth shut until he licks his lips)
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Cat View Post
                    UGH!! Morg's blood work came back: her blood is perfect Her urine is not She needs a special diet to avoid crystals.
                    Our middle cat had a hissie about an uncleaned litter box one weekend while we were out, and was peeing blood when we got back.

The vet told us that we'd have to have him on a special diet for the rest of his life. After doing a bit of research, and knowing his particular problem, we switched to a much higher meat-content diet (they're obligate carnivores; they can survive on the crap that's in most dry food, but it's not good for them) with a higher percentage of wet versus dry, and he's been fine for over a year.

If we weren't so uninterested in the kitchen (we don't even cook for ourselves, really), we'd swap over to a raw diet for our little moggies.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Morg's teeth are nice and clean!! No extractions, but she does still haev bad gingivitis, and will be on antibiotics for 2 weeks....joy!!!

Oh, and I went to the dentist as well.....my teeth are great (gums, not as great) and teh hygienist laughed when I told her my cat was also at the dentist

Update: She's home, and a bit loopy. They try charging for an extraction that did happen, but now they are giving me a $77 credit ( I could complain, but I'l be using the credit soon enough)
                      Last edited by Cat; 11-08-2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X