Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Lightweights (spiced wine)

Okay. I'm drunk as fucking priest right now. Serioiusldyj. Listen. I had two small glasses of merlot, so I can't explain this. I'm a lightweight, but this is just...stupid.

But let me tell you something I got to tell you how I made this spiced wine a little while ago.

I told the husband to get some burgundy, but he came back with merlot. so I used that.

I put abpout two cups in the carafe and heated it. Then I added:

a pinch of unsweetened cocoa powder (good quality)(
    a pinch of black pepper
    pinch of red cayenne pepper flakes
    some allspice
    some coriander
    a bayleaf
    some grated nutmeg
    a dollop of sugar free white chocolate Torani syrup
    A dollp of sugar free french vanilla Torani syrup
    a small capful of Triple Sec
    A cinnamon stick
    a pinch of ground ginger
    some raisins

Oh, yheah, baby. I been cold all frigging day. It's been freezing all day long down here and it sucks.

I"m warm now, lemme tell ya.

*Offers RK a shot of Yukon Jack*

It'll warm ya up,but it'll also knock ya out
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

No, no. I got to sober up. I just went and took a shower trying to straighten myself up and I'm still all dizzy.

Damn!

Comment

OK, whatever you do, don't touch the KitchenAid. That could be dangerous!
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

classic glogg is hard to beat

Original Recipe Yield 24 servings

Ingredients

* 2 (750 milliliter) bottles red wine
          * 2 ounces dried orange zest
          * 2 ounces cinnamon sticks
          * 20 whole cardamom seeds
          * 25 whole cloves
          * 1 pound blanched almonds
          * 1 pound raisins
          * 1 pound sugar cubes
          * 5 fluid ounces brandy

Directions

1. Pour wine into a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Wrap orange zest, cinnamon sticks, cardamom and cloves in cheesecloth, tie with kitchen string and put into pot. Let boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds and raisins and continue to boil for 15 more minutes. Remove from heat.
          2. Place a wire grill over the pot and cover with sugar cubes. Slowly pour on brandy, making sure to completely saturate the sugar. Light sugar with a match and let it flame. When sugar has melted, cover pot with lid to extinguish flame.
          3. Stir and remove spice bag. Serve hot in cups with a few almonds and raisins.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I so wish you would have had a video with this. I'm just imagining how your voice sounded
            Take this job and shove it. I ain't workin here no more.

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

Oh, man. Yeah, the husband came in and was like, "What are you doing? Do not post if you are drunk!"

I don't know how I sound, but my friends say I walk like Jack Sparrow when I'm drunk. Only my head does not bob, just the rest of me.

No clue why that hit me so hard last night. It was like I was on a bender, but I'd only had two small cups of the stuff. And on a full stomach, no less.

I am a total lightweight, but that was a bit much even for me.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                Oh, man. Yeah, the husband came in and was like, "What are you doing? Do not post if you are drunk!"

I don't know how I sound, but my friends say I walk like Jack Sparrow when I'm drunk. Only my head does not bob, just the rest of me.

No clue why that hit me so hard last night. It was like I was on a bender, but I'd only had two small cups of the stuff. And on a full stomach, no less.

I am a total lightweight, but that was a bit much even for me.
                Next time just tell your husband. I'm not as think as you drunk I am

Serioiusldyj

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

If you're too lazy to make your own...

Try the wine from Brotherhood Winery (NYS) called "Holiday". It tastes like what you concocted from scratch, but without having to raid your spice rack.

Comment

I try not to post when I'm sober
                    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth RavenStarr View Post

Serioiusldyj
                      Aw, now you're just picking on me.

Comment

Did you save some for the rest of us?!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

If I had, maybe I would not have gotten so messed up.

Comment

Aw, now you're just picking on me.
                            Someone had to

Proud Air Force Mom

Comment

We're singing along with The Coasters in your honor... "Charlie Brown"
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X