Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And now it's the New Year's Ice Storm of 2011.

Seriously. The past two days it was in the 30s (40s at times) and it rained. Then today it changed into ice.

I didn't feel like going out tonight because I overslept, and I heard on the news that the police blocked off several streets with hills, you can't go anywhere without encountering a hill here, and that the roads were just almost impassable. Cabs are still going, but I don't feel like falling on my ass to get to one, or waiting an hour for one to come get me or take me home.

Every. Single. Weekend. this glorious December, it snowed, and then this weekend, it's ice and then snow.

There was not a single snow-free Friday/Saturday in December 2010. Either of those days or both every weekend, it snowed.

FUCK YOU MOTHER NATURE. I am so done with this bullshit. My car is covered in over an inch of ice.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

And again, FUCK YOU MOTHER NATURE.

This is BULLSHIT.

After a week of more than above average temps, we are going to get dumped on with anywhere from 6 inches to more than a foot of snow, starting tonight.

You know it's bad when you get put under an advisory 2 days before the storm, and upgraded to a winter storm warning a day before.

I am so sick of this shit.

Comment

As long as that shit misses Pittsburgh, I'll be OK. Right now, it's 45 F out and sunny. Yesterday...it was in the 60s Ideal sports car weather But seriously, I wish the weather would make up its mind--the constant warm/cold change is screwing with my sinuses!
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

You aren't the only one. Rapid weather changes drives my allergies crazy.

It went from negative double digits to "normal" January temps, to then way above normal (which I won't complain about nice weather, but my nose and throat sure will!). All of this within a week.

The temps are supposed to stay in the 20s/30s, so thankfully unlike our December blizzard, the snow will slowly go away after the blizzard, but there is going to be some wicked nasty wind tomorrow. Although heavy snow doesn't blow the way sugar snow does.

Comment

The local tv station's "pinpoint predictor" thingy has 13.5 inches forecast for my area.

And I get to drive in it tomorrow! Monday too! These mega-snowstorms always come on my weekends to work. I think it's in the Constitution or something.

If anybody needs me, I'll be trying to ship myself to Las Vegas.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

they are predicting 12 or so inches where I am (just a little farther north than you Irv). further south they are not sure if it will be rain or freezing rain/snow mix. all I know is I am NOT going anywhere on Sunday. hopefully the city will get its shit together and rev up the plows EARLY this time (as in during the evening SUNDAY you jerks NOT the crack of dawn on Monday morning)

Monday night is gonna be a bear driving and the cheap mofo's will be ordering in droves.
              Last edited by Racket_Man; 02-20-2011, 06:36 AM.
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I can't speak for all of Wisconsin, but as of right now, I am betting at least 90% chance I am going to have to call in tomorrow. If it were the minimum prediction of 6 inches (oh wait, that was 12 hours ago, it's been raised to 12+ and the warning EXTENDED TO MONDAY AT NOON, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!) then that would be do-able to get to work. At least then, the only challenge would be shoveling the car out. But when we get snowstorms like this, the city basically refuses to even halfway clear up even main roads until the snow is done falling. Which is absolute bullshit that they can't go around every few hours and clear off a bit, there are people who can and DO get fired for not showing up to work.

Well, there most likely goes 8 nice hours of vacation time that could have been spent enjoying a nice spring Thursday or Sunday afternoon off of work, or to take an extra long weekend later this spring for holidays. NOPE. Waste it and try to build it back up. I have to waste my vacation time for fucking snow. BULLSHIT.

Comment

at least you get the option of calling out Blas. my company's mind set, esp for delivery drivers is : GET THE HELL OUT THERE AND MAKE US SOME $$$$$'S. WHAT???? there is a raging blizzard going on???? SO WHAT. get your ass in here and go out and kill yourselves for US.

Comment

Dang, I mean I know I can't call in due to weather..but at least I get to stay inside if I want..where it is nice and warm..after I make it to work. Driving in ice? Ask them if they are going to pay for accidents/insurance increases/fines..etc
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

There was a 32 vehicle pile-up on the Interstate just a mile or so away from my place.

After that, they put the gates on the entrance ramps down. In all the years I've lived here, this is the third time those gates have been down.

Bf and his dad got into his Dad's massive truck and went to the gym yesterday afternoon, they saw the end of the pile up as they drove on the overpass.

Comment

Racket_Man, you have no idea how much I was craving pizza yesterday!!!

Wait. That's not news. I've been craving pizza for...at least two months now. Even when I do have pizza, I want pizza again the next day. What's wrong with me?

Rest assured, though, that I did NOT order any pizza from anywhere.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                          Racket_Man, you have no idea how much I was craving pizza yesterday!!!

Wait. That's not news. I've been craving pizza for...at least two months now. Even when I do have pizza, I want pizza again the next day. What's wrong with me?

Rest assured, though, that I did NOT order any pizza from anywhere.
                          that is the secret "ingredient" in most large pizza chains at work. just like any other addictive substance you will crave cheesey goodness (just go local not chain) until you have that "fix"

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            ...you will crave cheesey goodness (just go local not chain) until you have that "fix"
                            And again, an hour later.
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

One more Frackin TIME

ahhh yes the late winter early spring SNOW will hit several of our fair cities including mine and Blas and Irv and a few others.

first they were saying only RAIN but now the center of the storm is predicted to move a little further south and we will get MAYBE 5 or 6 inches of snow mixed with rain/sleet/crap for about 24 hours. north of here will get up TO 18 inches

YES F**K you MOTHER NATURE!!!!!

Comment

So far, just a flood watch for my area right now, but only one county north is a Winter Warning.......of course, that's been in effect since SUNDAY. Beyond winter weather itself, I am so sick of three days in advance watches/warnings being put out. That never happens with thunderstorms.

Comment

Working...
                                X