This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given:

-- set of aluminum elephants to a friend.
    -- pottery bowl with a tree carved in the bottom to my mom.
    -- framed 1930's ad for a Studebaker automobile to my dad.
    -- print of a 1920's coffee ad to a friend.
    -- t-shirt with an elegant lady on the front saying "Maybe I want to look cheap." to same friend.
    -- season pass to the biggest tourist attraction in town to my boyfriend.
    -- sterling silver pentacle to a friend.
    -- Star Wars video game to a friend.
    -- poster showing the tallest American skyscrapers to my nephew.
    -- necklace and earring set made from sea glass to my niece.
    -- stained-glass jewelry box to my sister-in-law.
    -- NCIS Season 7 on dvd to my brother.
    -- t-shirt to my cousin.
    -- statuette of a naga to a friend.
    -- blue pottery leaf the size of a largish saucer to a fellow CS member.

Received:

-- framed WWII propaganda poster from my boyfriend.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

i haven't gotten anything yet but i have given:

-A hat and scarf
      -A pillowcat
      -Placemats and pot holders
      -stetson
      -A hat and scarf (part deux= revenge of the hat and scarf)
      -a Tree ornament
      -a circle/faux bulb ornament (to wenchie poor girl the evenlope got a little shreaded cause it was thick)

and thats it.

Comment

I have something for my sister, and something* for my mommy.

That's it.

Unemployment blows, and not in a good way.

*As a combined (sort of) birthday/Christmas present for our mom, Bella and I got her the Outlander series. She got 3 for her birthday and will get the other 4 for Christmas. Because Bella paid for the books, I paid for the birthday dinner, and I think it came out about even.

Quoth Aethian View Post
        a metal pen that writes in metal
        *jealous*
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Haven't really gotten much yet, but my Mom is pretty awesome! We flew my little brother out to us today and he was going to bring his x-box 360. He was having difficulty packing everything so it would be safe, so my mom just gave him the money and said, buy them one for christmas! So My bro and I went out and picked one up today to surprise my hubby when he gets home from work later in the week!
          It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
            I have something for my sister
            If I'm the sister in question, then I need to get a hustle on to get you something for Christmas. Give me a hint of something you want!!
            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

From the "Secret Santa" gift exchange we've been doing this year at the library:

- a set of black snowflakes
              - lemondrops
              - Hello Kitty Notepad
              - Christmas earrings
              - six pack of mini Pepsi cans
              - black wallet
              - cat earrings
              - bracelet
              - scented candle
              Last edited by KellyHabersham; 12-23-2010, 04:18 AM. Reason: had the last "Secret Santa" thing today! :o)

Comment

To add to things:

* A care package full of home-made chocolate confections and cookies from my mother and youngest aunt

Sooooo tasty.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I just got a package in the mail from an out-of-state friend.

Brownies with cookies baked inside of them. Delicious.

Comment

I have not received anything yet, but I gave my husband his gift as soon as it arrived and we gave Khan his presents last night.

I went in with the moms to get Husband an iPod Nano (nothing this sophisticated should be this tiny!). He has wanted one for a long time, and I am very happy we were able to give it to him. Honestly, I don't care if I get any gifts this year, the joy he's already had with his gift is all I want. He works incredibly hard for not much, and he deserves every good thing there is.

Khan got a toy rocket ship with a rover, a crater, a Martian, two astronauts and a space dog! He's had such fun playing with it today, although the 'realistic rocket ship sounds' are starting to get on my nerves... We also got him a copy of the original Grimm's Fairy Tales, with illustrations by Arthur Rackham, but we can't let him handle it himself yet although we read to him from it, it's simply too beautiful a book to let him accidentally tear.

I am excited to give my mom her present too- a digital photo frame, given with the understanding that I will load it for her. She talked about getting one a while back but I hope she forgot all about it so it will be a big surprise!
                    Last edited by AnaKhouri; 12-21-2010, 05:22 PM.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

OMG!

My mother and youngest aunt (twins) have really outdone themselves this year.

I got yet another care package from them today. It was separated from the heard yesterday, but that's ok.

In this one is some of my aunt's award-winning Finnish coffee bread. (she took top honors at a county baking contest with it a while back)

But, what's really got me O.O is the other thing that was in the box:

So. Awesome!

This is totally going on my wall behind my chair as soon as we get home. (the main body is 3" x 2.5")

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

im getting a long sleeve shirt with snow flakes and a city scape of newyork on it *its soooo cute*

Comment

Okay I need to revise... Mom got me a fondue pot, quick she wrapped it what kind of cheese to buy? And one of my gift exchange people got me Hell Girl DVD.

Comment

I've given loads, including a frog hat (from a site that was mentioned in here) jewelry, custom t-shirt (when it arrives) and sea monkeys.

I've given my sister sea monkeys every year for the last 10, it's a weird tradition and she always knows it's coming!

Comment

Got an early Christmas gift from my sister, The Sims 3: Fast Lane Stuff. Just have to install it and play it!
                              "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

My brother,who lives in Mexico & came up to visit,just gave me a bottle of Presidente brandy.

Why yes,I am having some right now,anybody want a shot?
                                "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X