Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not cool school. Not cool at all. (Some swearing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not cool school. Not cool at all. (Some swearing)

Dear college-

I hate your bullshit. I really really do. Because of you refusing 2 grand of loan money back in september and waiting until NOVEMBER to tell me I still owed you 2 grand I couldn't register for one of my classes in time. This is the class I need to take in order to graduate. I'm on the waitlist. Unless I get into this class I'm not graduating in May.

Was this enough for you? Hell NO! Now because I'm not in this class and could in fact not graduate you won't process my grad school application until after I'm in it. I've e-mailed the professor of the class trying to beg my way into the course and got an automated message saying to try again when classes were in session since she wasn't checking her e-mail until then. This wouldn't be a problem for me. Except you require all grad school applications in by the Friday before classes start again. Meaning you won't process my application for the fall semester since even if I get into the class it will be after the deadline.

Lets recap: because you rejected 2 grand I needed I missed the registration for my required senior class. Now because I'm not in this class you won't process my grad school application.

I hope you burn to the ground after graduation and everyone and their stuff is out of the dorms.

Sincerely,

If I wanted to pay this much to get fucked I'd go to a hooker.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

I'd be pissed. In fact, I'd be pissed enough to be calling around, seeing if other schools would accept my course credits.

Comment

That sucks, shanky. You may want to try contacting the Dean. Most colleges right now are really pushing to improve their retention/graduation rates and trying to reduce the average time to graduation.
      "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
      Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Call the dean, university president, or provost. One of them should be able and willing to help you.

Comment

I've sent e-mails with the proper mix of flattery and professionalism and begging. All I've gotten is 'we'll look at your case when the school re-opens on the 17th'.

Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

Quoth shankyknitter View Post
            I've sent e-mails with the proper mix of flattery and professionalism and begging. All I've gotten is 'we'll look at your case when the school re-opens on the 17th'.

Stop emailing and go in person.

Email is easy to dismiss. Being there in person is not. Make an appointment, if needed.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Show up. Do not leave until it is taken care of.

Also, if you have dealt with anyone higher up before (upper people in your department, etc) that seemed like a reasonable person, go speak to them, even if this is not their area. You might be surprised by how much they can help you accomplish - they sometimes may have direct lines to the people you need to speak to, rather than general lines to secretaries. It's obviously rude to ask for this specifically but to go in and say to someone who deals with your department/major "I'm in this situation, I believe this is a miscommunication issue and an error with the loan, and I'd like to get this fixed quickly so I can graduate on time. Who would you suggest speaking to? I'm having trouble getting in touch with anyone because of it being winter break." See if they have any ideas.

Comment

Working...
              X