This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will NOT be an EW, I will NOT be an EW

I have to call the DMV tomorrow. I need to renew my permit and since it was issued more than 2 years ago I need to retake the vision test as well as the written test. Ok, this doesn't piss me off its a safety thing no big deal.

I need a form of ID worth 6 points. Ok got that, the expired permit (since its only been expired a month) counts for all 6.

I need my social security card. Oh shit. That's locked up in a lock box. In a storage unit I can't get into without my father. That's piled full of my Aunt's shit. I'm going to count this as 'lost'.

Ok I'll just go and get a new social security card issued. Jesus H. Fudgecycle on toast. I need proof of citizenship (got that) and a valid military or state issued form of ID such as a license, permit, non-driver's ID. Such as the permit I need a new Social Security card to renew.

Calling the DMV before I go out in the morning to see if there's a loophole I can go through since I'm stuck in this loop of having no official or legal form of ID. I've got my passport and my student ID. That's it.

No matter what I will not whine and I will not lose my temper. Even if they laugh and tell me there's nothing I can do and I'm stuck in a loop I will be the polite well mannered high point of the DMV worker's day drat it.

::Mantra:: I will NOT be an EW I will NOT be an EW ::Mantra::
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

o.O

Good luck then! *fingers crossed*
    A couple of years ago I needed a drivers license to get a state ID, which I was getting because I couldn't drive...because I didn't have a license...
    Luckily the person used my soc card and expired permits to get me the ID. Hopefully the person who's in charge of yours will be nice like that too.
    Oh wook at teh widdle babeh dwaggin! How cyuuute babeh dwag-AAAAAAAUUUGGGHHHH! *nom*
    http://jennovazombie.deviantart.com

Comment

a passport actually in the hierarchy of ID outranks everything else.

It's issued by the feds, and therefore Federal ID, just like military ID, it trumps state.
      Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Yes. Isnt the passport an official form of ID? I had to jump through hoops to get mine...theyd better accept it!

Comment

Passports do count as government issued ID, so the DMV should be able to accept it. Dunno about the student ID though...some DMVs (depending on the state) can differ on what's acceptable as secondary ID.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Well, the problem with the passport is that you need ID to get one. And in NY, you may need that passport to get the ID. And around and around we go.

My one sister has no official ID because she hasn't got enough stuff to get the 6 points.

If you already have a driver's license or a non-driver ID (they're both issued by the DMV in NY state), you're OK, you just get it renewed when it expires. I believe it counts for the whole 6 points, after all, you had to have enough stuff to equal the 6 points to get the license in the first place.

A permit, I'm not sure. NYS is crazy.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I lost my wallet in college, so over Easter weekend I had to get a new driver's license and SS card. I had my birth certificate so I didn't have too much of a problem with the license (also long before 911 and extra security features and adding up ID points), but for the SS card my mom and I had to drive half an hour to the nearest office, because my only other option was to mail them my ID and the application...so how many weeks do they expect you do go without your ID while they process your application?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                because my only other option was to mail them my ID and the application...so how many weeks do they expect you do go without your ID while they process your application?
                I believe in this instance 'mailing your ID' can be fulfilled by sending a notarized copy of said ID. I could be mistaken as it has been many many moons since I've had to deal with that kind of thing.

Comment

Is there a chance you can get a state issued replacement ID that isn't a license?

Those usually don't require the same types of hoops as licenses do, and then they can be used as ID for things like, say, getting your license.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

When I moved to GB, I had misplaced my SS card, which I needed for when I started my job.

Went to the SS office, and they gave me a notarized letter stating that I am who I say I am and my SS # is ********.

They mailed me a new SS card...in an envelope with the official SS office address in the return address area, and it OBVIOUSLY contained my new card. I was livid. Why didn't they just write "STEAL ME!!!!!!" on the damn thing?
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Working...
                    X