This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Way to Start the New Year

So, I checked my email last night. I had a message from someone I'd never heard of that makes reference to a written piece I have over on Deviant Art.

This isn't unusual. I seem to get a random email about something posted online about once every three or four months.

This one was different.

According to the email, I have an older sister nobody ever mentioned to me.

Checking out her picture (she's an English teacher at a school not far from here), there is absolutely zero doubt that we're related. (Bosslady said, "Wow... yeah..." when I showed her)

So, I sent off an email to my mom asking her what's up and am still awaiting a reply.

Can't wait to hear the whole story on this one. If I get it, anyway.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Wow.

No words for this. I hope you get it all figured out.

Comment

Woah. That's pretty crazy.

Did you ask the person who emailed you who they were and how they know this? Curious if this is someone who just knows one of you, saw the other, and think you look too much alike for it to be coincidental, or if it is someone in a position to know that you two are or might be related.

Good luck on figuring out what is going on.

Comment

I haven't responded to the email, yet. Waiting to see what my mom has to say, first.

But the woman definitely comes from my mom's family. The resemblance is way too much to be happenstance.

Don't think she's from my dad, though, as there are some traits from him that my brother and I both share from his side that she doesn't.

Will be a learning experience, regardless.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wow! That is quite the New Year surprise! I would be wary, myself - at least at first. You don't know what she wants. You're being smart asking your mom. I hope you hear something soon! Maybe you'll get lucky like I did and just have a new sister. I never met my sisters until I was an adult, and we are close as can be now. I talk to one or the other of them at least twice a week. I hope it turns out so well for you, too!

Can you keep us updated? I'm curious!
          "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

My brother had a similar situation - got a message from someone claiming to be his 1/2 sister on his fathers side - she had too much information for it to be a scam - so he asked mom about it - she said it was possible - so he emailed the girl back - and after talking back and forth - he finally agreed to meet her - and she is 2 mos to the day younger than me - he and i met her aug. of 08

so good Luck - hope it all works out for the best!
            I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

Well, it was the beginning of last year that our half-brother on our dad's side first made contact through Facebook. I suspect that had a lot to do with his being in desperate need of a donated organ and not knowing that he'd make it to the end of the year. (he's doing fine now)

But we knew that we had two half-sibs from our dad's first marriage. A boy and a girl.

The possibility of more partial or full sibs from mom's side is completely out of the blue.

But, as I said, there is absolutely no doubt that she's related to someone from my mom's side of the family. Way too much resemblance to be mere happenstance.

I'm still waiting on my mom's reply, though, so still no further info.

^-.-^

Comment

Working...
              X