This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would if I could...but would you?

If your inhibitions suddenly took a holiday, and you could do one thing that you've always wanted to do but never had the nerve, what would you do?

If that little filter in your brain that kept you from saying/doing what you really wanted to do suddenly went to lunch, and you could do one thing that you've always wanted to do but never had the nerve, what would you do?

If your Ego and Superego went on vacation, leaving your Id in charge, and you could do one thing that you've always wanted to do but never had the nerve, what would you do?

In my case, when a deliveryman rang my doorbell, I would answer the door stark naked. There wouldn't be any seduction involved; I'd just act like things were completely normal, as if I was wearing clothes. I'd love to see the look on their face. And since I live in Japan, the language/cultural barrier would add a whole new level of hilarity.

Of course, I'd never actually do it, for a number of reasons. But the fantasy is still there.

So, what sort of fantasy do you have? Something you'll probably never do, but a part of you wants to? One rule: post nothing so disturbing that this thread would get shut down. Keep it light and fun
    Last edited by Misty; 01-04-2011, 02:21 PM.

Honestly? Probably sing in public, without a backing track. Just like in the movies - you know, lead character sings about the girl/guy of their dreams and all of a sudden everyone around them is this magnificent dancer
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Say to certain people at work, "Because fuck you, that's why."

Mortgage, however, requires paying.

Rapscallion

Comment

I'd laugh. Evilly, of course.
        Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Say to certain people at work, "Because fuck you, that's why."
          Along these lines, I would be more blunt about what certain school officials can go do with themselves. Argh.

Comment

Quoth Misty View Post
            So, what sort of fantasy do you have? Something you'll probably never do, but a part of you wants to? One rule: post nothing so disturbing that this thread would get shut down. Keep it light and fun
            Almost anything light and fun that I might want to do, I probably pretty much have done.

Perhaps the one exception is, when I meet a girl I think is hot, just plant one right on her. Of course, these days, that might be considered sexual assault, and wouldn't have the awesome result it has in those ridiculous romantic comedies.

The things I would want to do that I haven't done tend to be darker, and with far more serious consequences.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
            Still A Customer."

Comment

Jump out of a perfectly good airplane with nothing but nylon and string between me and terminal velocity.
              The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'd tell everyone in the middle of work exactly what I thought of all of them - professionalism and politeness out the window. Everyone would get a decent ass tearing and hopefully be made to feel as small as they try to make me feel at times.

I'd probably moon a whole bunch of people at work, also.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  Jump out of a perfectly good airplane with nothing but nylon and string between me and terminal velocity.
                  Okay, so there are still one or two things I would like to do but haven't done, such as this. But I fully plan on doing this, as I am a bit of an adrenaline junkie.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Hm.

Sing loudly and operatically in the middle of some burger joint.

edit: I'd want to see everybody's reactions. I don't do it because too many people aren't any fun. *hiss*
                    Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 01-04-2011, 11:34 PM. Reason: clarification
                    1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                    -----
                    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

I'd tell my SM and the DM exactly what I think of them, have it videotaped, then sent to the head offices with a list of complaints about the SM from various other employees. I want to do this, I need to do this, but my instinct says to keep my mouth shut and my head down.

I'd love to skydive right over the ocean and then float on down into the water. That, or get really, really drunk and dance naked at a bar. >.<
                      Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I am amused, and consider myself very fortunate, that most of the ones posted here that I have wanted to do, I have in fact done.

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                        Sing loudly and operatically in the middle of some burger joint.
                        Yep.

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                        I'd tell my SM and the DM exactly what I think of them...
                        Didn't do this exactly, but did get to quit my last job by telling my boss's boss all my boss's failings, essentially throwing my jackass boss under the boast. Posted all about it in Morons in Management ("The Saga of Shit Weasel").

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                        I'd love to skydive right over the ocean and then float on down into the water. That, or get really, really drunk and dance naked at a bar. >.<
                        I haven't sky dived, though I want to, but have parasailed, and got the obligatory dunk in the ocean.

And have definitely gotten naked and danced at a a bar. Multiple times. Hell, it used to pretty much be my JOB.

Still A Customer."

Comment

Move far far away, never to see Ohio again except in my Nightmares.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

And have definitely gotten naked and danced at a a bar. Multiple times. Hell, it used to pretty much be my JOB.
                            I believe this is where the obligatory "Pics, please" comment goes.

As for me...hmmm. Maybe tell the one totally hot guy at work that I think he's totally hot.

Or tell the prima donna whiners to stop whining and grow up.
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

At the moment, I'd tell Ex exactly what I think of him and his bullshit lies.
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X