This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SGI

This week I went on a 7 hour (round trip) road trip to get a computer. Yup, no other purpose to the trip I have to say though, it's pretty awesome. My best friend had been looking for one for a while and finally found one he could afford nearby. Meaning I now have an SGI Crimson sitting in my living room. For those of you who don't know, they are the big red computers in Jurassic Park and that movie does not make them look as big as they really are. It's got me thinking about possible computer projects I need to get around to finding my SGI Indy to see if it can actually be made to run. If not, I'm debating putting the case under my monitor and using it as a USB hub/storage for hard drives that can be quickly removed without getting into the actual computer (hot swappable?). I'm also hoping to get to go to the local computer recycling place soon. I'm curious as to if they gave anything interesting there. They usually do. Anyone else working on any fun computer projects?
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

I'm planning to build a new Gaming rig early this year. SSD drives etc, and a beasty Vid card.

Yet I'm still stuck on what case I like (or do I stick to a basic tower, and mod it like I did my old one - Windows, lights. Yeah I got OTT lol.)
    "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
    Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

Working...
    X