This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Primer View Post
    The first one was Quizno's Sandwich shops, with their screeching sprog monkies, or whatever they were called.
    Oh, they didn't get much better(Though I missed that one you mentioned... Maybe I'll be happy!). One advertising they had last year was for their "5-4-3" sandwich/whatevers. The kittens were cute... They were less cute literally CHEWING on those horns they were 'blowing', and the tune was so FORCED sounding! "5.. 4.. 3.. 5.. 4.. 3.. Quizno's.. 5. 4. 3."

The current one I've come to hate, and mute when it comes on, is the one for Tostino's Pizza Rolls with the sisters listening to their music SO LOUD that people across a room would hear it... THROUGH THEIR HEADPHONES. And then they start YELLING their lines... And repeat each other, one after the other.

"The only thing I love more than music..."
    "The only thing I love more than music..."

*RAGE*

I also agree about some of those "Press this button for help!" commercials. Okay, I get that Life Alert IS a good idea... It's the delivery that sucks. "All. Senior. Citizens. Should. Get. Life-alert" sounds VERY forced by the old lady that says it...

Can you tell I don't like commercials that sound like the person/people in them didn't want to be there?

Also, to the person who posted the link to that Charmin commercial of wrong - Thank you, I was trying to show a buddy in England that one! Couldn't for the life of me find it, but we were sharing... Commercials of wrong
    Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
      Those tick me off, too. I'm sorry, but aren't parents supposed to be encouraging their children to eat vegetables?
      Yes, but....the ad campaign in question basically is saying that the product is tasty to kids, so parents don't want the kids to hear that the product has plenty of healthy vegetables in it, or the kids may not want to eat it.

Anyone who has had kids, been a kid, or watched people with kids understands the truth in this message.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
      Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Anyone who has had kids, been a kid, or watched people with kids understands the truth in this message.
        Not entirely true. Or am I really the only one who actually grew up liking broccoli?
        "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

That Tide commercial where the Dad uses his daughter's white skirt as a grease rag, tosses it in the hamper, and Mom uses Tide with set in stain removal to get rid of all that grease (what a joke) and the skirt is perfectly white again, and teenage daughter puts it back on and wears it proudly around the house and Dad has this discouraged "Oh shit!" look on his face.

That's so stupid. A good Dad determined that his daughter will not look like a hooch would either just not allow those clothes, or destroy them. Duh.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
            Not entirely true. Or am I really the only one who actually grew up liking broccoli?
            Yup. I always loved asparagus (the only person in my family growing up that would eat dark green veggies of any sort).

And my brother once got all happy when his meal came with a sprig of parsley; it was funny when the waitress thought it was over the watermelon.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The new Radio Shack commercials with the cat packing for a trip that is talking to a bulldog. Annoys the crap out of me for some reason.

Comment

I've found another one that irks me for some reason.

Scene: Alarm clock rings, husband offers to get up and make breakfast so the wife can sleep in for another hour. Scene change to the husband lazing around, playing golf in the kitchen. He looks up at the clock, sees an hour has gone by, and rushes to the freezer to break out the Eggo's.

The tagline for this commercial was something along the lines of this: "Easy enough to make yourself, tasty enough that you won't want to".

Now, I've said before and I'll say again that I'm not the best cook. However, even I know how to make waffles that don't come from a toaster.
                "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Some toaster waffles can be really tasty (mmm, Kashi....), just not...Eggo. Blech.
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

The most annoying commercials in adelaide are for a furniture clearance company. As well as the Haggle.co commercials (a furniture store), but they aren't nearly as bad.

However, hands down, one of the CLASSIC commercials ever is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2akt3P8ltLM
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I hate auto insurance commercials. Esurance tries to slip in "green" messages in their ads, but I fail to see the connection between car insurance and saving the planet. To the people at Geico, I just want to say one thing: Pick a damn mascot already! They have so many different campaigns, and every one of them is terrible, like they are intentionally being unfunny. There's the gecko, the guy in the suit ("Was Honest Abe really honest?"), the "I'm a hot chick out for a run" guy, the cavemen, plus a few others I've blocked from my memory. I swear it's like their Advertising guys have no attention span and are on crack, and they just roll with whatever idea they come up with.

Then there's Flo. I HATE Flo. The idea of convenient car insurance being like a supermarket, yeah, I get that. It's not really a bad idea. But then they come up with the most irritating, annoying, insufferable, unfunny character possible and use her as the face of their ads. It's not just the bad lines, its her performance as well. Granted, she's good at being terrible. Her voice makes my ears bleed. The "jokes" aren't even groan-worthy, though they have been shown to cause cancer in lab rats in California. The commercials themselves generally assume that potential customers are idiots. There are no redeeming qualities about these ads whatsoever. So congratulations, Progressive! You took Geico-levels of retarded and turned them up to 11. You now have the worst car insurance ads ever. I hope you're proud of yourselves. And I'm still not changing my car insurance.
                      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

What's worse than those commercials are the ones for The General Auto Insurance.

I don't know if it's just cheap local advertising or if the General is something bigger, but those commercials are beyond cheap and the acting is worse than soap opera characters.

"For the best car rates online, go to the General and save some time!" they always cheer, so fake and rehearsed, like. And it's always the same, can't afford high insurance rates, oh I have accidents and tickets on my record....NO PROBLEM! The General is affordable!

Comment

Quoth firecat88 View Post
                          Not entirely true in the sense that there ARE kids that like vegetables. I was one. My six-year-old niece is one. But overall, kids are not huge veggie eaters. More importantly, kids will often not do what their parents want them to do if they know it is healthy, if they know it's what their parents want them to do, or both. So while not entirely true, the message is still very true. Make sense?

Quoth blas View Post
                          A good Dad determined that his daughter will not look like a hooch would either just not allow those clothes, or destroy them.
                          As a non-parent, I have defend the parents here. Sometimes it's not all that simple. And frankly, people are lazy, dads being no exception. After all, it would be far easier to "accidentally" destroy the offending article of clothing than it would be to actually take a stand. Criticize that if you want, but personally, I understand it.

Quoth Kara View Post
                          To the people at Geico, I just want to say one thing: Pick a damn mascot already!
                          You forgot the googly eyes, which was the one that annoyed me the most, and never once made me laugh, giggle, or chuckle, as the others generally have. Happily, Geico seems to have moved beyond that particular annoying campaign.

Quoth Kara View Post
                          the "I'm a hot chick out for a run" guy
                          Actually, that's Allstate, not Geico.

Quoth Kara View Post
                          The commercials themselves generally assume that potential customers are idiots.
                          But customers ARE idiots! Car insurance customers are no different than your phone customers or my bar customers, and the one thing that binds them all together is the fact that are brainless blithering idiots. After all, they are the ones that drove us all to this site in the first place!

Quoth blas View Post
                          What's worse than those commercials are the ones for The General Auto Insurance.

I don't know if it's just cheap local advertising or if the General is something bigger, but those commercials are beyond cheap and the acting is worse than soap opera characters.
                          Not to mention the fact that they think that anyone is going to take a cartoon general seriously about something as important as car insurance. Sure, there are CG lizards and cavemen and other silliness, but at least those commercials are done with some amount of artistic style and (usually) have a message. The General is just idiotic, even more than the other animated cartoon insurance pitch people at Esurance. And to be dumber and sillier than the Esurance ads....will, that's an accomplishment!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

I was reminded today of a couple more commercials that annoy me.

First, the Jerry Stiller Capital One ads. He just comes off as horribly annoying and not someone I want to listen to.

Second, I think it's from Metro PCS - the one with 'Tech Talk' - and the two most horrible stereotypes of Indians that I've ever seen.
                            The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Aflac. I don't even know what they do or sell. All I know is that they have a duck that says "AFLAC!!!!!" with the voice of Gilbert Gottfried. They've even got Guy Fieri explaining what they do, but I can't focus because the damn duck burned his foot on a grill and is now screaming like a banshee.
                              Also, the GoDaddy.com commercials that imply Danica Patrick (or one of those other girls) is gonna show her tits to everyone on the website. If I wanted to see boobs on the internet, there are skads of better websites than a domain-hosting company.

Also, political ads in general. The ones where they smear the hell out of the other candidate. Okay, you've told me why I shouldn't vote for him, now tell me why I should vote for you.

And here's a recent political ad that I feel should not have been approved:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kW1wPpcmK0

Damn, if you're gonna smear someone, go after his political career, not his personal life. I'm not surprised that DesJarlais won, after Davis ran that ad that I can only describe as "a dick move".
                              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

I found a new hate. Again, not sure how broad of a company this is, but it seems to be a rent to own place like Leebakens or GetItNow!, it's called Aarons.

Some country singer (and I hate country so I don't even know if this is a famous singer or just some random chick) is singing about how easy it is to come in to Aarons, no credit check no hassles, and get whatever you want, big screen TVs, furniture, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X