This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting laid off

Our entire department, in regions across the state, are all getting laid off.

They are forming two locations that will serve what our department did, one about an hour 45 commute away from me, the other 2+ hours commute away. And everyone who is getting laid off is going for the limited positions there.

They are opening one finance position in this location that I am going to go for. It encompasses duties I've been solely responsible for for years now so I'm more than qualified. Keep your fingers crossed. I'm in so much shock right now and just...my head is just reeling.
    My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Oh, that sucks! Good luck!
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Good luck.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Focus, do not dwell on what you're losing. I'm sure another job will present itself even if this one doesn't work out. Have faith, be strong.
        I have a...thing. Wanna see it?

Comment

Good luck.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I interviewed for six positions on Thursday including the finance position I want and heard from a little birdie that my interview went REALLY well. I have another interview for two positions on Monday, so...I'm starting to feel a little bit better about things.
            My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Good luck!!!
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Hey, a bounce back this quick? Wooot! That's a couple of good signs. Good luck, I'll send a hope for you, and you get a virtual brownie *choconoms*
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Working...
                X