This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still alive, yay! :D

I didn't meet my new 2010 resolutions as..

a) I'm still overweight
    b) I'm still stuck at the cemetery of dreams
    c) I haven't been able to cook every day as I wanted to.

Because

a) I developed tendinitis/carpal tunnel on both wrists and some days, I can't even brush my own hair.

BUT.. the upside is I have become a LOT more active, so although I'm still heavy, I'm not AS heavy (people say I lost weight and I just can't see it. The scale says I'm still at the weight I started but clothes fit baggy. Strange...). With this increased activity, I've also become a lot more social.

So why does this matter?

Because although I'm still fat and stuck at the call center because of the terrible condition my wrists are, I'm a lot happier than I was last January. I'm heavy, yes, but I've come to terms with it and no longer sit there and cry in misery. I suppose my confidence has sky rocketed too, with everything else.

OMG.. I HAVE FRIENDS.

o.O

Like.. really, honest-to-goodness, "I don't sugarcoat the truth but always will have your back" sort of friends. I forgot how amazing it felt to be social. ^-^
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Isn't it amazing how putting your focus more on others and less on self helps you to deal with chronic pain? Humans are social creatures. Congrats on whatever weight you've lost already. Ignore the scale; inches are a better indicator. Oh, and I do have flare-ups of carpal tuneel-like symptoms (I just haven't been formally diagnosed), and vitamin B has helped take down the inflammation. I just can't remeber if it was B12 or B6.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

oooh.. thanks for reminding me! I bought a vitamin b complex bottle, stashed it in my dresser and forgot. My doctor would pull my ears.

I've been on so many pills these last six months, I've no clue what end is what-- I'm on my last round of Vitamin D horsepills and I've been so focused on not missing those -- or the NSID's I forgot the vitamins.

Shall do, love.
      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

:3 Yay! I may barely know you, AD, but I'm still glad you're happier. I'm kinda wussy like that: I can't bear even complete strangers to be upset. It's caused problems.
        But yeah! Take those nasty-tasting b-complexes! They really work!
        "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
        "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

When you look at losing weight, you should go by how your clothes fit, because scales can be inaccurate/as you gain muscle, your weight goes up or stays the same because muscle weighs more than fat. So good for you!

Sucks about your hands. My mom had the same thing years ago and had surgery on both wrists, which seems to have fixed the problem. Is that a possibility for you?
          https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Horray on the weight loss! The clothes are definitely the best indicator of losing weight than a scale! I thought people were bs'ing me at work telling me that I lost weight and I didn't realize until one day one of my work pants was feeling a little loose when I was putting them on.
            Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 01-17-2011, 07:58 PM.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

i think that when you loose weight the body slims but at one point the muscles start bulking up and muscle weight is more than "fat" weight. so you slimmed down and toned up yaaaay!

Comment

Working...
              X