This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on the roads

That's right folks, I finally managed to get a new car. After the Firemobile was destroyed in a car crash (I'm fine, so is everyone else, car's dead), I was carless for a while. Oh dear lord, I forgot how bad it was for me to get to work via bus....

My new car? a 1994 Ford Laser. It's automatic and it's also a station wagon, but in terms of overall size it's not that much bigger than the Kia (it's longer, but not heavier, really no more different than if I had a sedan). The car runs BEAUTIFULLY though-dad took it for a test drive. On top of that, unlike the Kia, the previous owners got the timing belt replaced before they sold it.

The only minor caveat is that it has a cassette player instead of a CD player, but because my boyfriend bought a new car CD player, he's giving me his old iPod transmitter instead. The best part is that it comes with an immobiliser, so that's one less problem to worry about. (doesn't have central locking though)

The other slightly more troublesome caveat is that in order to start it, I have to pump the accelerator to get it going before I turn the key. Hopefully it shouldn't be much of a problem otherwise.

As for cost? $2400 for 124,000kms. Not bad if I do say so myself.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Nice!

You shouldn't have to pump the accelerator to start it, unless it has a carburetor, and I'd be surprised if a 1994 vehicel wasn't fuel-injected. I'd have a mechanic take a look at that when you get the chance.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
    X