This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irv? Are you there?

*searches under snowbank* Blizzard warning today. Your county was the only white one on the map! (I assume white is bad).
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

We have a lake effect snow warning. I could get a foot of snow by Wednesday, and that's getting off easy.

I just got back from the store, which wasn't as nutso as you may think. I has chili, hot chocolate, and chicken soup. And I don't have to return to work until Wednesday at 11.

/happy dance, booty shake
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I bet blas is just thrilled at the prospect of more snow.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pretty much contemplating the cost of a snowmobile, and then what it would cost to fully enclose it like a car. Heard on the news tonight that there were only 4 days in January that it DIDN'T snow. *stab stab stab*

However, we're only under an advisory until midnight tonight, just 4-6 inches here. As of right now, it looks like we're going to skimp past the next storm coming in, probably only getting a couple more inches. Sometimes living up north has its advantages.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

We're supposed to get hit bad starting late Tuesday night, culminating in a sh*tload of snow during Wed. morning rush hour. The local TV weathercasters are practically orgasmic over it. I'm expecting balloons, champagne and high-fives on the Wed. morning weather forecast.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I'm further north and glad; we only got 2 to 3 inches. I have to try to get home at 10 pm tomorrow. I have no idea if the streets will be plowed enough.

Comment

I don't want to know what's going to happen come Melt!
              "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
              "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

A happy, dancing Irv is a rare thing, a rare GOOD thing. Stay warm!!!
                The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  I'm further north and glad; we only got 2 to 3 inches. I have to try to get home at 10 pm tomorrow. I have no idea if the streets will be plowed enough.
                  Quoth blas View Post
                  Heard on the news tonight that there were only 4 days in January that it DIDN'T snow. *stab stab stab*

However, we're only under an advisory until midnight tonight, just 4-6 inches here. As of right now, it looks like we're going to skimp past the next storm coming in, probably only getting a couple more inches. Sometimes living up north has its advantages.
                  anything south of me or Irv is supposed to be wacked. Milwaukee and Chicago are supposed to get at least a foot (possibly 2 feet) and last I heard St. Louis is supposed to get near a foot also

It snowed JUST enough (maybe 2 inches)tonight to make the roads a bear to drive on. now all we have to endure is the 35 MPH winds and the blowing and drifting snow.
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Freaking hell.
                    Idaho's gotten ... *runs to check NOAA * just about right!
                    if a little cold... and perhaps less snow. Right amount of precipitation tho.
                    Gee I feel bad for you guys...
                    EDIT: I second Delta Sierra! HappyHappy Irv! :3
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Quoth teh_blumchenkinder View Post
                      I don't want to know what's going to happen come Melt!
                      A whole winter's worth of dog waste thawing all at once!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                        Yeah, I'm pretty much contemplating the cost of a snowmobile, and then what it would cost to fully enclose it like a car.
                        They did that on Monster Garage. They turned a Mini Cooper into a snowmobile.

As I recall, it didn't work all that well.
                        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Bah. It can be done. And it can have a hatch in the back for laundry or a few bags of groceries/shopping, and in the spring and summer, it will double as a jet ski, since all it does during spring and summer is rain.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Thye also turned a Madza Miata into a Jet Ski. It sank
                            "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Sunrise! Finally! (15 minutes ago, 10:22 local time)

(Not that far north, just on the west side of a BA mountain)

Was brooming 2 inches of the "Greatest Snow(job) On Earth" off the driveway.

Starts "I Live For The Sun - The Sunrays" in Winamp.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X