Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap joke aside, all three of the Bell's planet series beers I have had were quite tasty. As for Pluto, I'm hoping for something cold, dark, and distant.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

• I've had Jupiter and Mercury, and both were outstanding. I might have to enjoy Uranus tonight, but only if you're a cute gal.

Sorry, had to put the bad joke in before someone else did.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• "all three of the Bell's planet series beers I have had were quite tasty."

I honestly haven't had a bad Bell's yet. Their Two Hearted Ale is always in my fridge and the Expedition Stout is the best Russian Imperial I've ever had.

Comment

• Quoth sms001 View Post
          "all three of the Bell's planet series beers I have had were quite tasty."

I honestly haven't had a bad Bell's yet. Their Two Hearted Ale is always in my fridge and the Expedition Stout is the best Russian Imperial I've ever had.
          Same here. Bell's produces a good product. I will go to the liquor store tomorrow, and see if they have any more of the Planets series.
          "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

• Uranus 9.5% ABV

After spending 26+ hours at work the last two days, I want it bad.

Very dark in color, and a very thick head that dissipates slowly. The nose is somewhat hoppy.

Taste - WOW!!!!!!!!! This is an amazing IPA! So delicious. Nice hops Nice flavor all around. The planet Uranus might have been bland when Voyager 2 passed it back in 87', this beer is anything but bland.

9.5 out of 10

Comment

• Another black IPA to see how it stacks up against Uranus.

Fatal Attraction Imperial Black IPA from the Tyranena Brewers Gone Wild Series

If this is anything like Girls Gone Wild, I'll like it.

Very dark. The head isn't as thick as Uranus. The nose is not there.
              Taste - It's good, but nowhere close to the last one. The hop bite is a lot more mellow than the last one. The flavor isn't as jacked up. It's kind of like drinking a standard IPA after drinking the Dogfish Head IPA (the only 10 I've given). This is good, but not in the same league.

7 out of 10

Comment

• La Rossa Birra Moretti

Amber colored, and a thick head. Nose is somewhat sweet.

Taste - Ok. It isn't really very flavorful, but does the job.

5 out of 10

Comment

• Quoth sms001 View Post
                  ...and the Expedition Stout is the best Russian Imperial I've ever had.
                  The Expedition is delicious....but there are much, much better Russian Imperial Stouts out there. Look for North Coast's Old Rasputin from California, Hoppin' Frog's B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher from Ohio, or Baltika's Russian Imperial Stout, from the Motherland itself, Russia. And there are many more.....those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Edited to Add: I knew I was forgetting something. Left Hand's Wake Up Dead Nitro Russian Imperial Stout was simply astounding. I've had it once, and it deeply affected me. Find it. Drink it. Thank me later. Of course, any of these may well ruin you for Expedition.....

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                  ...the Dogfish Head IPA (the only 10 I've given).
                  You need to be a bit more specific, as Dogfish Head makes several IPAs.
                  Last edited by Jester; 07-28-2015, 03:08 AM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

• You need to be a bit more specific, as Dogfish Head makes several IPAs.[/QUOTE]

Correct. It was the 120 minute.

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
                      The Expedition is delicious....but there are much, much better Russian Imperial Stouts out there. Look for North Coast's Old Rasputin from California, Hoppin' Frog's B.O.R.I.S. The Crusher from Ohio, or Baltika's Russian Imperial Stout, from the Motherland itself, Russia. And there are many more.....those are just the ones off the top of my head.

Edited to Add: I knew I was forgetting something. Left Hand's Wake Up Dead Nitro Russian Imperial Stout was simply astounding. I've had it once, and it deeply affected me. Find it. Drink it. Thank me later. Of course, any of these may well ruin you for Expedition.....

You need to be a bit more specific, as Dogfish Head makes several IPAs.
                      Old Rasputin is good, and great for the combo of price and year round availability. But expo is leaps and bounds better. Hoppin frog is decent. I've never tasted anything from Baltika that didn't make me wish Regan would have just nuked Russia so that is out

Comment

• Heathen.

Okay, clearly we disagree on what makes a great R.I.S. I think the Rasputin is amazing, even better if you can get it on nitro at a bar, and the B.O.R.I.S. is stunning to me. And I have yet to have anything from Baltika that I didn't love. I'm a huge fan of their beers. Clearly you are not. However, you cannot dismiss their R.I.S. simply because you don't like the other stuff you've had by them. If I were to dismiss everything New Belgium makes, simply because most of it is swill, including that insult to ambers, Fat Tire, I would have never had the pleasure of drinking their 1554. The 1544 is simply awesome, despite being brewed by people I give less credit to for brewing talent than meth-addicted monkeys. (I still kinda believe an intern snuck in one night, brewed the 1554, and the brewers took credit for it, and continue to do so. I base this belief on their complete failure with almost every other beer they've made, like the Sunshine Wheat and the aforementioned Fat Tire.)

A perfect example of "to each their own."

Still A Customer."

Comment

• I've only had the #9 Baltika, and it was amazing. I will, sometime before years end, get the others in the liquor store.

Nlw to the main attraction.

Schell's One Five Five

Thisbeer is made in honor of their 155th anniversary.

Dark amber colored witha thick head. The nose smells a lot, to me, like Nordeast, hopefully a good sign.

Taste : ok, it is a bit less than I was expecting, but not bad. A lighter flavored beer for a nice, hot, humid day like today.

Rating is it a 1 or a 5 or a 5? It is a 5 out of 10.

Comment

• That went down fast. For my next beer I will go with
                            Sam Adams Crystal Pale Ale 5.3% ABV

Golden colored with minimal head. The nose has some hops to it.

Taste : not bad. It is fairly standard. It is good, but nothing special.

5 out of 10

Comment

• I started work today @ 7:30, am. it is now 10 pm, and I'm finally done for the day. yeah it's beer time, and a beer that was released for the first time tonight.

Beaver Island Mississippi Mud.

This is a chocolate beer that, not surprisingly, is pitch black. there is minimal head. the nose has hints of chocolate.

Taste: nice. the chocolate flavor is very nice. it does have a very slight bitterness to the chocolate, which I like. I am impressed. I think this will be their highest rated beer that I have rated so far.

7 out of 10

Comment

• Tonight's beer journey takes us to the 8th planet in our solar system

Neptune 9% ABV

Pours like motor oil, and a moderate, dark head. The nose is minimal.

Taste : ok, I want to hitch a ride there, because this is good as hell. It has hints of peppers. There is a hint of sweetness as well. Therd are a lot of competing flavors, and they mesh really well. A good beer to sip and enjoy.

8.5 out of 10

Comment

Working...
                                X