Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I brought up the halfway walk and dad got all childish. My son is going to be 20 months old next week. Too young to trust to do any job in the wedding. the older two boys who will be my step sons are ring bearers.

I am not opposed to walking alone. Starting to really grow on me.
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Quoth lush View Post
      I got married on April 1st..so Cinco de Mayo and a Thursday aren't so odd to me

We agreed on a Friday and he said I could pick any date as long as I showed up and married him, so I did.
      We got married on March 15th, aka the Ides of March.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

I'm not even having an aisle. Therefore no walking me down.

I'll probably include a photo of my (late) father somewhere, though. Maybe my bouquet.

My sister didn't have anyone walk her down the aisle.

Go with what feels right. Screw what everyone else says.

Comment

We're closer to having an official date! May 19, 2012 (or thereabouts) We could also do it the next weekend, if needed, but that would mean 1) Honeymoon during Memorial Day weekend = expensive and 2) I'd have to talk to my lady doctor to see if we could adjust some...um...things. At any rate - woohoo!
          "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
          Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Wohoo!

I am currently obcessing over my hair. I liked my hair trial just didnt love.
            My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

I'm sorry that people are giving you a hard time on your day. Wouldn't it be nice to have make nice pills for that day. Give them to the problem people and they would have to be nice and do as you want?

Walking alone is not a bad idea either. Good luck.

Comment

SO, um yeah......this time next week I will be getting my hair done for my wedding.

I get married in 7 days!

And yes I am totally neurotic right now.

Comment

Is seems, That my wedding earring have come up missing. I shall now go attempt to find them as calmly as I possibly can.

Comment

SO, Who wants to laugh at me?

It seems they were int he bag I was going to pack the jewerly in alredy. Yep. I AM That awesome right now.

Comment

no laughing at the highly stressed. Breathe and make lists.

*hugs*
                      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

My lists have lists. Does that make sense? Meh, no one cares lol.

My lists are my friends.

Comment

a kindred list making soul. And yes it makes perfect sense to me.

Everything will be fine and you will have a lovely wedding.
                          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

My ring has been designed. I should have it by my sister's birthday, later this month.

It's a faithful recreation of the original piece, with only a couple of changes to increase the sturdiness and reduce stress points. *squee*

The CAD design I attached doesn't have some of the details - there's milgrain all around the stones, and it won't be quite so modern-looking, because all the edges will be rounded. I'll post pictures when I get it.

The stones are over a century old, and are from the original ring.
                            Attached Files

Comment

That's beautiful! Since the stones are fully inset, it won't have the "stabby" quality that mine does (that's my only dislike about my ring - it doubles as a weapon.) I love the blue...sapphire?
                              "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                              Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Yup. It's a square sapphire. The other two are antique-cut diamonds. It was apparently difficult to figure out, because the cuts of all three stones are a very old style, and require some creativity to set.

I had to have a flat setting, since I'm doing a lot of heavy lifting at the store, and don't want to screw up either the ring or the bottles.

EDIT: I just got the pricing. It's well out of my range, and since they never indicated that it would be anywhere NEAR this cost, I just don't know that we can swing it. I could buy a new Tiffany ring for less.
                                Last edited by KiaKat; 05-10-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X