Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie Connoisseurs and Google-fu black belts!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Connoisseurs and Google-fu black belts!

Does anyone know of a movie where there is a man with a jeweled eyepatch? I can't show the picture, it would violate the terms of the Trivia contest.
    My Google-fu is strong....but the Question Master's is stronger.

http://www.google.com/search?q=man+w...ient=firefox-a

try here

Comment

The only "jeweled" eye patches I can find in movie/tv are One-Eyed Willie from "The Goonies" (and unless the man wearing it is a skeleton, then it's not the right one) and one from the series "Psuhing Daisies," but that's on a woman.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

What else can you tell us?

Are you sure it's a movie? Could it be TV or someone in costume?

Is it new or old? You can usually tell from the style.

Is it a young man or an old man? What's his race?

Can you describe the eye patch in more depth? Is it one jewel or many? How many? What kind? Color? What color is the eye patch? Left eye or right? Does it have a strap? What's it made out of?

ETA - Oh, yeah, live action or animated?
        Last edited by ArcticChicken; 04-07-2011, 10:31 PM.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Okay...
          Live action.
          Middle aged man with dark hair and a pencil moustache. Possibly hispanic or italian. Smoothed back oiled hair.
          Looks to be an older movie/show.
          He is wearing a white suit with a dark tie. Possibly a lab coat. Looks somewhat like a lab setting.
          It is a black eye patch with many jewels that look to be in concentric circles. Left eye, with a thicker strap. Clear gems.

It is a black and white picture, but then every trivia pic is in black and white.
          Last edited by blondemarmot; 04-07-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Are you sure it's from a movie or tv show?

Just to be sure, his left eye, or left as you look at him?

Comment

Yes, his left eye. I'm not sure if it's from a moving-picture show. That's the problem. The question master does this to us on purpose. My entire town will go bald by the end of this weekend from pure frustration.

Comment

This is the closest thing I can find. It's Salvador Dali, and doesn't match most of the specifications.

Comment

Yup, had seen that one. Is not it. But thank you very much for trying!

Comment

Not sure if it's the right one or not, but World Gone Wild might fit the bill.
                    "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Thanks for the help guys! None were right but that's fine. Somebody in my trivia team should come up with the answer. If we find out I'll let you guys know so you can see too.

Comment

Could it be this?

http://www.amazon.com/Amante-bilingu.../dp/B000RMMOGY

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bilingual_Lover

Comment

Doesn't "Last Action Hero" have a short scene with a guy wearing a patch like that?

Comment

Working...
                          X