This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is going on here

So yesterday it rained. For what ever reason Meimei and Mama Slicey deside to go on a 4 and half mile walk. While on this walk the go by goodwill and buy books.

When they get home i want to go to goodwill and buy books, i really love books ok, so i grab meimei and we go outside and about 3 steps out of the house she comes to a full halt and stare into the parking lot.

I ask her whats up and she says "I think that one is ours." I look around and there in the spot closest to use there is a wet and scared looking Serenity.

Que meimei over reacting 'omg baby'-ness. we bring the kitty inside and decided to let Serenity calm down and warm up alittle before he gets bathed (hes 75% white expect when we brought him in he was only 20% white) and we go to good will buy 9 books and i get lots of pink yarn.... we come back serenity gets a bath and is white again. While Serenity licks himself trying to remove the water from the bathing he at one points get on the couch near tonks.

Tonks then proceeds to hiss at him and looks scary at him until he leaves (now i laugh cause this whole situation is just funny to me).
    Now eventually Serenity dries up and looks happier and i see them near each other tht night with no hissing so i think everything is ok.

But this morning Tonks is back being all hissy and bitchy to him and we dont know why.

Yes this cat is ours we know that so its not omg strange cat in my house. I wonder if Tonks is pissed at him for something... Should i be worried?

Cats have the short term memory of an Alzheimer's patient.

Tonks got used to being the solo cat, and he likes it. He's trying to establish dominance.

How long was Serenity missing? You might need to use the cat introduction ritual: start with a small space for Serenity and gradually introduce him back to Tonks like you would a new cat.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

she and most likely just that morning

Tonks birthed Serenity.

Comment

Oh. Well. That is puzzling.

Perhaps Serenity has an odor that Tonks objects to, then, from being outside that hasn't been washed off yet.

Other than that, I got nothin'

Hope they get settled down soon, though.
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

As mentioned most likely the smell of a strange odor lingering on the Kitty, maybe a strange human was petting the cat while it was away. Either that or could the one kitty be pregnant? Can do odd things to cats.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

my cats do that all the time. Isis is Athena's mom, Isis spends at least a day or two every week hissing at Athena. They've never been separated, just some days Isis is in a bad mood.
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Serenity is a male...

But we decided it might be the smell of our pet shampoo meimei used on Serenity, cause Tonks has had to have bathes in the past and hated them and may in return hate the smell.

Comment

So how are they acting now?

Comment

Tonks is still alittle upset but less hissy

Comment

Sounds like the shampoo was probably the reason.

Cats can be odd though. We had a very skittish calico named Kelli. One of her babies, Onyx, was very close to his mom. But sometimes, after he was grown up, when he came around for a snuggle she'd smack him. It never bothered him. Once we saw her smack him and then start washing his little head.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Hey Mooncat, you're not an expat from SA are you? It sounds like you must be our calico's previous owner...
                      "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                      - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                        Sounds like the shampoo was probably the reason.

Cats can be odd though. We had a very skittish calico named Kelli. One of her babies, Onyx, was very close to his mom. But sometimes, after he was grown up, when he came around for a snuggle she'd smack him. It never bothered him. Once we saw her smack him and then start washing his little head.
                        *giggle* serenity and tonks can be like that too but 9 out of 10 it would be Serenity doing the cleaning and Tonks going 'dude i just beat you go away'

Comment

Working...
                        X