X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you have done it?

Simple question:

Ignoring that none of us (or probably none of us) have had the training necessary to have been there, and ignoring whatever political leanings you may have.....

How many of you could have pulled the trigger to put the bullet into Osama bin Laden's brain?

I, for one, would not have blinked. I might not have even put down my cocktail. But then, I've said many times that I am a vindictive bastard.

What about you?

PLEASE, keep your answers to the question asked, and keep this thread out of fratching territory. I don't give a flying fuck about your politics, and this is not the place for them. I just want to know if you could or could not have done the deed. And your opinions on THAT matter. And there is no shame at all for those who could not have done it. This is not a ball check. Some of the greatest people I have known could never have done this. I am just trying to get the pulse of this community on this particular topic.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

I like to think I have what it takes to feel nothing but recoil.
    Long days, short nights, a bottle of NOS makes it all right.

Canadians Unite !

Comment

I don't know why, but when I saw the title, I was thinking the post was about what it is about. To answer the question, I would have- he needed to be stopped.

Comment

Considering the fact that my cousin worked, and still works at the Pentagon, I'd have no problems at all with it.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I would have a problem ending ANYONE'S life, period.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I couldn't just for the fact that I would have to see him and then see the blood. I think the shock of having taken anothers life would kill me.

Comment

If I'm sitting in one of the towers at the prison and an inmate is cutting through the fence, regardless of that inmate's custody level, behavioral history, or what he was put in prison for, it is my duty to stop him at all costs, for the sake of protecting the public.

Would I think twice about killing an inmate attempting to escape? No.

Would I even need to think about putting a bullet in Osama? No, but I would probably need to stop and consider how many times I could keep shooting him, "just to be sure," and get away with it.
              "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I honestly don't know. I don't know if I could kill anyone. He needed killing though.

Comment

It'll probably sound selfish, but if there was something worthwhile in it for me, then I wouldn't have a problem.
                  If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Simple question:

Ignoring that none of us (or probably none of us) have had the training necessary to have been there, and ignoring whatever political leanings you may have.....

How many of you could have pulled the trigger to put the bullet into Osama bin Laden's brain?
                    Cheerfully.

Quoth Kara View Post
                    Would I even need to think about putting a bullet in Osama? No, but I would probably need to stop and consider how many times I could keep shooting him, "just to be sure," and get away with it.
                    I knew I liked you for a reason!
                    Last edited by Fire_on_High; 05-02-2011, 10:05 AM. Reason: Added.
                    "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
                    - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Absolutely & without hesitation I'd have done it & I'd have done so with a smile on my face

Remember the scene in "Aliens" where Ripley was shooting up the Queen's nest? That would have been me except again, I'd have been smiling
                      "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

So, Flamethrowers and Grenades, eh?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                          I would have a problem ending ANYONE'S life, period.
                          I would not.

To clarify: There are persons on this planet, some of whom I have never met, who I would give my own life to protect.

There are persons on this planet, some of whom I have met and some whom I have not, whose lives I would be quite cheerful to end. Even if it meant losing my own life.

Neither list is for publication, thanks anyway.

Comment

If someone was threatening my husband or son, I would kill them without hesitation or remorse.

This is different. I know in my head that bin Laden has done horrible things and hurt many, many people. But though I know this for a fact, I have never seen him do anything bad with my own eyes. I don't know anyone who died on 9/11. So even though I know this, and feel sympathy for his victims, I still feel it at a distance, you know? So I don't know if I could kill him with my own hands.
                            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Yes, yes I could. But I would have liked to kick him in the balls first.
                              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                              X