This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, still here.
    My sanity has been dripping out of me my whole life, today they turned on the faucet.....

Comment

Well, I'm still here, but it's only 10:46am here on the East Coast.

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
      Nonono. See, the world actually ENDS on October 22nd according to Camping. But how we're gonna cram seven years of Tribulation into five months is anybody's guess.
      One article I read said "six months of chaos 'n' stuff" (not the actual quote ) and then the world ends on October 21st. Now I've never been a mathy person but...

I was reading a thread about the rapture on Fark.com yesterday and someone posted a picture of one of the "We can know" billboards* and said he was going to go out on Sunday morning and paint "Wrong again!"

*It says "The Wise Men knew, We can Know"...and I thought...the wise men knew because someone came down (supposedly) and told them, right? Camping's just doing math...or as Stephen Colbert might call it, "Mathiness"...

Camping is 89 years old; how funny* would it be if he died of old age at 6pm tonight?

(Funny ironic, not funny haha. Though I would probably ha in spite of myself.)
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Yeah, I'm still here too. Raps and GK haven't chimed in yet, among others, so I hope they're still with us. No plane crashes either that I know if.

Comment

Still here. Wouldn't it be funny if they threw a rapture and nobody came?

Quoth Jester View Post
          From my experience, we're dealing with a couple of words here. In this case, the difference between smited and smitten. Clearly from the same root, but with different meanings.
          Actually, "smited" is incorrect, always. It's smite, smites, smiting, smote, and, yes, smitten.

Smitten has two meanings, the other one is just more common.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Oh, I meant to mention...I had a light bulb go out yesterday morning (on the light that is on a timer in my room to come on with my alarm), and another one went out this morning when I turned it on. And I plugged in my phone last night but for some reason it didn't charge.

Does that mean something?

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Oh, I meant to mention...I had a light bulb go out yesterday morning (on the light that is on a timer in my room to come on with my alarm), and another one went out this morning when I turned it on. And I plugged in my phone last night but for some reason it didn't charge.

Unless they really needed a light bulb in heaven, I wouldn't worry too much. The phone not charging could be a huge deal though. :P

Comment

Well, it was supposed to happen at 6pm on the 21st, it's now the 22nd and I'm still here.
                If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Consider me signed in...along with a joke

A man's just driven past in a tractor, saying "THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!", but I was told not to worry. It's only Farmer Gedden.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Okay, I'm confused. Does the Rapture start at 6 pm Eastern Time, and as with TV, everyone just has to adjust their times appropriately in relation to the Eastern Time Zone of the U.S.?

Or does each time zone get wiped out in hourly increments, as a wave of mutilation rolls around the globe?
                    Supposedly, the Rapture was supposed to start at 6pm on the International Dateline and work its way east from west. So Jester, you and I have another 6 hours and 10 minutes to go as of the time I write this (1150 EST) since we're in the same time zone.

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                    Hm....so the crazies of the world were wrong again? OHNOES.

Guess I'll have to watch the Doctor tonight to get over my disappointment ;P
                    The Rapture is something I'll skip to watch Dr. Who. I doubt they have television in Heaven.

Quoth Micer View Post
                    Yep, woke up this morning, still here! Kinda wishing I knew one of these rapture nutjobs (the ones that quit their jobs) so I could have snuck over to their house in the middle of the night and left some empty clothes and shoes laid out on their lawn to greet them this morning. XD
                    You are so truly evil. I worship at your feet.

Quoth Indigo View Post
                    Well its 9:50am in North Carolina and nothing has happened yet. Then again, there is a saying that everything happens 20 years later in NC so I'm not worried.
                    In that case we'll miss out on the galactic alignment and the end of the Mayan calendar on Dec 21st 2012

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
                    Consider me signed in...along with a joke

A man's just driven past in a tractor, saying "THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!", but I was told not to worry. It's only Farmer Gedden.

Oh, that was . . . so bad.

----
                    The blog Spoonbot has a FAQ for students questioning how assignments will be handled during the Rapture

http://spoonbot.com/wordpress/?p=168
                    Last edited by Sapphire Silk; 05-21-2011, 03:55 PM.
                    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Time has now passed 6.00 pm CET and no apocalyptic events have occured so far. Though I did do a small double-take earlier today as I wanted to call Mr Zel and there was no signal on my cell phone...
                      A theory states that if anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for, it will be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

Another theory states that this has already happened.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

Yes. It means it's time to pay your electric bill.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Um, Luna is missing. I went out and I left her secured in her crate. When I came home her crate was still closed but she wasn't in it.

I guess it is true, all dogs go to Heaven.
                          Quote Dalesys:
                          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

10:37 AM here in the land of Colorado. And, so far, the only drama and chaos and weirdness was what I did to the dishwasher last night. Pro-tip: Hand soap cannot be used interchangeably with dishwasher soap.
                            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                              Yeah, I'm still here too. Raps and GK haven't chimed in yet,
                              Cooking veggie burgers because they were free. Someone mentioned my name.

Something up?

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                                Yes. It means it's time to pay your electric bill.
                                I just paid it last week! Damn JCP&L!

(I'm thinking maybe I didn't push the phone plug all the way in...and I need light bulbs.)

Comment

Working...
                                X