This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missin' the mountains

Trip was great! We hiked Mt Washington on Memorial Day (tip: if you go up there on that weekend....hike on actual Memorial Day...no crowds! That weekend is usually chaos)

The weather was cloudy and rainy for most of the week (that system that caused the tornadoes gave us hail and watches)

Though I did get a stomach bug and could not get my b-day hike in, that just give us one more mountain to tag when we return in the fall.

Oh yeah, we did a small hike on one of the Wildcats Mountains....will go back and do the whole thing soon, and one of my friends did a zip line there! So cool.

Missin' New Hampshire, though I know I will go back in a few months, and I have the USMT v Spain game today!!
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Do the Kankamangus (sp?).

End in Conway so you can stop there for a few hours, then hit Sabego Lake in Maine for dinner (we accidentally found an awesome restaurant there once).

I did that once, it was a very long day but it was well worth it!

Or, if you want a real treat, head down to Dover Point for dinner and eat at Newick's - GET THE LOBSTER!!!!
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Yay mountains

Are you going to Spain v USA today?!?! I mean this in the most friendly way i can if you are going. I hate you :O :P
      Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

We've driven the Kanc before, I love it! Great veiws....if the weather cooperates. We are already plotting our return in October, and what 4000's we will hike

We did go to US v Spain....ugh...what a slaughter It was very fun seeing both teams and the fans......67,000 people filled Gillette!!
        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

yeah saw the score, haven't watched it yet. It would be cool to see a team with that kind of stars.

Nice crowd!!
          Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

Comment

Wow, I forgot to mention this trip gave use FREE soccer tickets!

Back in Feb, when we found out we were definitely going back to NH, I mention to the bf we should hold up out scarves on the summit. Well, earlier this month, the team reps had a contest...show off your scarf at a town sign anywhere in New England, and win tickets to a Wednesday game. Knowing we couldn't make that game, I posted out picture (still had to brag) after I though the contest ended. Nope, we won the tickets! I emailed the reps and thanked them, saying we couldn't attend. They gave us "anytime" tickets instead!

We used 'em for this past game against Chicago....where a bunch of supporters were ejected for swearing.

Comment

I was wondering if you had been at that game. There are a number of threads about it on our supporter groups website. I think there might even be a banner in the works in support for tonight's game against New York. I will try and get a pic if there is.

So what the hell happened?

Comment

I'm looking forward to tonights game (cheering for Seattle...but for tonight only )

I was in The Fort...no less rowdy than normal... It did die down in the 2nd half, but in truth I was paying more attention to the game. Few people were kicked out, arrested. Some left in protest. From what I am hearing it's from the "you suck ahole" chant, but there nay be more. No offical word from team ops.

The support from the other supporters groups has been amazing

(to those wondering, yes, there is a sign saying no profanity allowed.. I'm not going I to that, too Fratching... Just was a weird thing to happen)

Oh, and I'm hoping Sunday's game is clean and controversy free!!

Comment

That is what I heard too. Maybe they should listen to the chants from the EPL. They are great.

Read a book once that you had "stadium" language and "polite" language. And that is as much I am getting into it.

Tonight's game should be fun. Hopefully Sunday's game will go well.

Comment

Great game and an awesome win for Seattle.

Now...on to Sunday......

Comment

hehe. Sunday should be a good game. And I didn't think Qwest could get any louder. Yeah it did. I will have to find where hubby put the boom boom clap video. with the upper deck open you can almost feel the crack

I have little to no voice today, which is a bad thing, I answer the phones at work

Comment

Congrats in a good win *sigh* lol

I now think I know how Cubs fans feel.....

Comment

hehe, it was a hell of a game.

Comment

Now, I'm just looking forward to the ManU game(s)!!! (I'll be a Seattle fan again then, lol)

Comment

Working...
                            X