Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to have a Cracker Barrel closer than 125 miles away in another country. That's the place of choice when on the road in the US when we stop for the night.

Other than that, I'd love to see Olive Garden back.

Can't wait for the new 5 Guys to show up here. <droool>

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

restruants here in town:
      • olive garden
      • chik-a-fila
      • subway
      • jersey mikes
      • mcdonalds (6 of them I swear)
      • arby's
      • red lobster
      • red robin
      • empire buffet (decent chinese buffet with sushi and habchi grill)
      • long john silvers
      • dairy queen
      • cracker barrel
      • wendys
      • papa murpheys
      • sahib (good indian food)

and I'd trade in most of those for a CHECKERS again!!!
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Quoth Sarlon View Post
        and I'd trade in most of those for a CHECKERS again!!!
        ^aka Rally's in certain areas. IMHO their burgers are meh, but their fries and pies kick ass.

I also wish there was a Hardee's (or Carl's Jr. as some people know it) in Cincy again...I loved their frisco burgers. Also I'd love to try In 'N Out just see what the hype's all about.

Comment

We used to have Shoney's but they all closed down. I never really liked them much anyway.
          "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

oh theres a hardees (3 infact), an o'charleys....down about 30 miles from me....is a uniue restruant called "central park"...a burger joint that reminds me of checkers vaguely.

There is also a small chain around here called Pals, but the unique feature is that you will not find it outside of this area. The owner refuses to let it go further south then morristown I believe.

They are a drive up only place and their buildings are unique with their shape.
            It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Hubby and I used to go to the Shoney's Sunday breakfast buffet in Georgia all the time. We did laugh one day when a Ranger class had just graduated and most had gone there...brought back memories for him.

Comment

Ahh yes, I forgot about the breakfast buffet. That part I did like...
                "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

If you really want to try White Castle, Plaidman, they sell frozen microwaveable White Castle burgers in some stores here in Portland. Mind you, I'm not recommending it. Any fast food place that sells burgers in four packs (seriously) and steams their burgers rather than broiling or cooking them on a grill is not exactly a gourmet treat. (Seriously, what genius came up with the idea of STEAMING burgers? I cannot think of a better way to suck every bit of flavor from the finished product, leaving it rather tasteless.)
                  Last edited by Barracuda; 06-25-2011, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
                    I'm near St. Louis MO and I'd like to see the following:

Shoney's
                    there used to be one on Gravois just south of Grand in South St. Louis. not sure if it is still there.

I WANT Steak & SHake up here and White Castle. Not sure why you would have gotten sick Admin and Irv. used to eat at the Castle quite often (sober most of the time) (st. louis and chicago) and never gotten sick. I'm good for 12 or 15. the closest I can get is the frozen ones that you nuke. not the same. not even close
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Gen*Con 2007 (yes, it's always Gen*Con ) we went to a Stake and Shake. Delicious! I want one too!

Comment

Our Hardee's burned to the ground many years ago and was never replaced. I've been craving their cinnamon raisin biscuits since then!

I really wish we had a Fazoli's closer than 20 miles away.

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                          Gen*Con 2007 (yes, it's always Gen*Con ) we went to a Stake and Shake. Delicious! I want one too!
                          the closest one to me is 3 hours away a half mile from where I used to live in Chicago (actually Rosemont). the last time I has food there was when My Mom died back in Sept.
                          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I'd like De Dutch Pannekoek House. And maybe Applebee's

Comment

I miss Taco Trucks. I miss them so much.

I also miss Jack in the Box.

Also Sonic, and CiCis need to stop telling me how awesome they are when they don't have locations I can get to!

Comment

There is a Sonic about 45 minutes away from my house. I have to ask: Is Sonic that great that I should just break down and drive the 45 minutes from my house to enjoy their food?

Comment

Working...
                                X